Friday, December 31, 2010

'Titania Queen of the Fairies'

A Finish for the old year!

I picked up Titania again just before Xmas, I was determined to finish her before the new year. I did so last night. I wanted to get some of my WIPS out of the way before starting my Sisters "Big 3" I had done all of the body but no wings..........



Before picking her up again

Left Wing

Right Wing

Finished
 The blending Filament in her wings was a pain to work with, 1 Strand over 1......but I got there in the end.
The Wings look amazing up close and I think she will really well as a companion piece to "Adia the Garden Fairy" Which is what I planned for her.

So Whats next.........."The Fairy Grandmother" from Lavender n Lace


My New Years Resolution is Not to have so many WIPS on the go at once, Finish 1 of the 7 Sins, Start another Sin "Sloth"......I have all the threads for now, Just need to wind them all onto bobbins and get the Fabric, Update my blog on a more regular basis, and hopefully find a new Job LOL!

Thanks for all of your great comments its nice to know that people out in cyber land like what you do.........

I hope you all have a Grand, Happy and Safe New Year..........

Happy Stitching all

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

Happy new year. Titania is beautiful (I think she's one of the prettiest Mirabilia fairies), what an awesome way to end 2010.

Quilts and other things said...

Greetings earthlings......from a Man quilter to a Manbroider...... your work looks great. My wife is a cross stitcher and I quilt so between us we fill our cupboards with stash! Have a great year!

rosebud68 said...

Lovely to see all your progress and gorgeous work over the last few months. I have missed seeing what you have been working on

Bev said...

Love Titania that L&L looks like my grandma minus the wings lol

Milly~ said...

So have you finished Fairy Grandmother? Would love to see it. I am currently working on this one for myself.