Friday, January 14, 2011

First Finish of 2011

Well 'Fairy Granmother' Is Done!

I'm so pleased with this finish, as it has been sitting as WIP for such a long long time.............

You know when you have this project that sits there and sits there you can almost feel it saying "Finish me"

"Fairy Grandmother" Finished
The last little bit of beading was really nice to do........It added to the overall finish.

I think that I am going to canvas mount her with padding. After a wash and a Iron of course.

After she was done I have now Picked up the Last WIP that I have had on the go for awhile, not as long as the L & L.......But awhile......

"Water Goddess"
Joan Elliot's "Water Goddess" She is being stitched on 18 cnt (of course) light blue Aida. Its a little bit softer than my normal Antique white....which I'm not enjoying as much, In the end though it will look great, It also means that when I get around to the "Air Goddess" She will have to be stitched on the same.

Then I can get back to My "Sins" Which I'm excited about.

Happy Stitching Everyone!

5 comments:

Cath said...

Wow , a beautiful finish . Looking forward to seeing the next one .

kruissteekje said...

She is very beautiful.
And the colours of the new one....

ana~stitch said...

Very pretty, I've never seen this one finished -it's really beautiful!

rosebud68 said...

I have never really looked into the L & L ones but this one that you have done is beautiful. It must be a wonderful feeling to get all your WIPS finished huh

Milly~ said...

WOW, I love her! She's gorgeous and such a great motivation for me to get mine done.