Thursday, February 24, 2011

In Christchurch!

We we drove for nearly 24hrs to make it to Christchurch.........We did, It is utter devastation.

We have been no where near the centre of the city, but the suburbs out East where my dad is, its bad, the roads are like driving over, constant road bumps, there are holes everywhere. We had to take a route around the outer suburbs to even get to dads. Instead of a 20min trip anywhere, its taking twice as long.

There is no petrol at most stations, and If there is, the ques to get it are long around 40 or 50 cars waiting.

The After shocks, are scary, we were having breakfast this morning, after spending the night at my friends place, because she has power, water (not drinkable of course), we were sitting at the table, then Boom.........the house rocks, the earth shakes, and it scary! It comes out of the blue and there is this second where you think, is that a quake.......will it stop or keep going..........

The sad news today was finding out about a very good school friend was killed in one of the buildings in town, and a friends father who was killed as he was helping repair an organ, that was damaged in the Sept Quake. It is devastating............

So we are here for a few more days and start our drive back home, on Monday morning..........

Thanks for you for your kind words of support. They mean so much..............The think I Would say though, Is hug your family and tell them you love them, this shows just how important family is............

7 comments:

rosebud68 said...

I am so glad that your family is all safe and well. I am so sorry to hear about your friend though. My husbands family are all fine as well, his sister has been moved from her home though and relocated, she is in Brighton. Have a safe trip home and treasure your family time this week

The Crafty Princess said...

Glad to hear you made it there safely. I was truly sorry to read about your friends,though. I hope you are ok. Take care on the return trip home. Will give my family some extra hugs today.
Alicia xo

Louanne said...

Glad to hear that your family is okay. So sorry to hear about your friend... I have been keeping all the people in Christchurch in my heart and prayers... Please keep us updated, when you can.

Bobbie said...

Words can't express how deeply sorry I am about your friend. My heart hurts for you and his family. Good news about your family being safe. Heart-felt prayers are being offered for all those affected by this awful tragedy.
Have a safe trip home...you are missed here.
Bobbie :)

Sarah said...

Nics blog.

I follow your blog ;)

Mvg Sarah

Louanne said...

Hey Scotty, haven't heard from you in a while. Are you okay?

StitchCat said...

Hope everything is ok for you!!!