Friday, April 29, 2011

Lust Page 7 Done!

My holiday is nearly over........*sigh* However I'm pleased that I have achieved alot, well Stitched alot.........and since the weather as well not been the nicest.........I don't and wont feel guilty about it either.

I finished page 7 of "Lust" last night and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

"Lust" page 7
I really like that feeling when you finish a page......... I also gave it a quick steam to get those pesky hoop marks out....... And since I work with it rolled at the top, I gives it a chance to flatten out again.

People have been commenting on how fast I stitch.......I'm working on a entry to show you all how I do it...But I don't consider myself fast by any stretch!

Also I spent sometime last night looking round the blogasphere.........there are some wonderful blogs out there......So I have updated my reading list at the side........go check them out........

That's It for today!

Happy Stitching all!

7 comments:

Lita said...

Congratulations for your page done! It's so beautiful!!!

Wow, thanks for the attention, I'm looking forward to your tips entry!!

Speaking of blogs, well, I used to have a quite cozzy blog for my own stitchings but too bad the domain closed, so learning from the past, I'm constructing my new blog at blogspot. ;)

The Crafty Princess said...

Fantastic job. Congratulations on page 7 finish, I agree it's a great feeling. I love the satisfaction of balling up or ripping up the page once it's done and the excitement of starting the new page. Haven't finished a HAED so there's always a new page to start for me LOL! Looking forward to your strategy tips. I love that you are doing this thanks for taking the time.
Alicia xo

Nic said...

When you are stitching something big like a HAED each page finish feels amazing. I think you are an amazingly fast stitcher and my sister and I have discussed how you manage to get so much done so quickly so I can't wait to see how you do it.

Bobbie said...

I am anxiously awaiting your entry to show us how you stitch so fast. I'm having a heck of a time moving with any speed and keeping my stitches straight and even. Like you, I stitch on 18-count. I'm having to manipulate my stitches to keep the fabric from showing through. UGH!!
So I'm sitting here -- all geared up to hear what you do to increase your speed. I also noticed you stitch with a hoop. Don't your stitches get smashed by the hoop when you move it? I'd like to use my Qsnaps but am afraid I'll ruin my stitches.
HELP ~~ I really need to see how you are stitching.
Many thanks for such a fantastic blog and sharing all your beautiful pieces. You are such a big encouragement to me.
Bobbie (no blog, but here's my email address)
bobbiejess@comcast.net

anojaa said...

Your lust just looks wonderful. thanks for the upcoming tips, even if I know I can never leave my bad habits behind :)

Lita said...

By the way, I have a suggestion.. Maybe it's also a good idea to take a video when you stitch so all of us could see how could you make it on a real time. Well, that's just a suggestion though. :) Thanks.

Shelley said...

Wow... this is absolutely stunning! I only started my first "multi page" design a few months ago and it has gone in the too hard basket lol.. maybe if I give myself the motivation of how good it will feel to finish a page it might be enough for me to drag it out.. lovely work.. can't wait to see more progress shots :)