Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fire Goddess Update for the Week! + Tips and Tricks!

I have continued to work on "Fire Goddess" this week! Again its been slow going as I've done some extra hours at work........Gotta love being a 2IC! Also we went out on a school night to the movies!

So the Bottom pat of her skirt is coming along nicely .........only 4 colours which makes it move quickly....

"Fire Goddess"
Bottom of Skirt
The holes are for the beads! Also a little bit of Frogging, but I don't think you will ever be able to tell where!

I also wanted to share a pic I took out of our lounge room window It was early in the morning at a time I never knew existed..........Also It work well with my Stitching this week..........

Fire in the Sky!
That's It for now! I'm off to Update "Tips n Tricks" It was going to be about thread but It turned into "How to Stay Organized"

Happy Stitching All!

12 comments:

Stephie said...

WOW! What an absolutely amazing view from your living room. Your fire goddess is coming along beautifully, can't wait to see more progress pics :)

Crystal said...

Your fire goddess is looking amazing and I love your view lucky you.

Thoeria said...

Your fire goddess is looking great!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful picture! And to think it matches so well with your current project =)

rosebud68 said...

Love love love your picture. Hubby is a photographer and he loves taking photos of sunsets and sunrises so this photo reminds me so much of his work. I must say that your tips and tricks section on being organised was scary, you were describing how I work right down to the very last bobbin being accounted for hehehe. My theory, being organised means more time for stitching as I am not spending time looking for stuff :)

irishcream06 said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful photographs! I took on board one of your tips about working in sections, and starting with the darkest and moving on to the lightest, it's working a treat!

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Fire Goddess is so beautiful. Your photo is lovely too,gorgeous colours.

Andie said...

Love your fire goddess and that is an AMAZING photo!

Bobbie said...

Fantastic photo ... amazing colors!!
Your Goddess is moving along nicely and is looking wonderful.

Thank you for the Organizing Tip. I am extremely organized and truly appreciate how you have your different projects organized and neat. I am this way in everything I do so it comes pretty natural to me. But your explanation and photos speak volumes to those who aren't organized.

Thank you so much for taking time away from your stitching to share your tips with all of us. I honestly appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this for us. I loved your first tip on layers and will be giving it a try.

Crossing one X at a time and enjoying the journey of my needle.
Bobbie :)

stitchstitchknit said...

Fire Goddess is a beautiful design! You did great work on it :) It looks funny with the holes, but it will be amazing with the beads in it...

zenuwpees said...

wat een mooie borduurwerken groetjes van Marie-Claire

Cat said...

I've currently trying to start "Envy" as well and I was wondering what size fabric you use for that design? I'm currently stitching on a 23 count fabric and find that it is almost too small for me to see what I'm doing properly. And how many strands do you use?
The reason that I'm asking is, your projects look flawless to me, and I was hoping to achieve the same effect with my "Envy" :)

Sincerely, Cat.