Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Fire Goddess"

It was a bit of slow week this week, well stitching wise anyways, It was First week back at work after my break, and It was hard to get back into the swing of things.......And it was the beginning of the month as well....which is absolute murder for me as its the busiest week of the month........

So this week I have been Working on Joan Elliotts "Fire Goddess" Which came out In Cross Stitch Collection. I actually started her a wee while ago, but lost my mojo on it.......Which it has since come back.

All I had done before I stopped was the very top part of her skirt and her belly............

Here are the pics......

"Fire Goddess" By Joan Elliott
7th May
I'm pleased with how she is going.........I'm loving all the burnt orange and yellow orche's in her shawl.

There is Also some other very exciting Joan Elliott News, Cross Stitch Collection, where a good proportion of her designs appear have put out a "Book-a-zine" With a ton of her charts in............

There is even and Exclusive design in it which can be found no where else other than in here..........

I Ordered Mine from - My Favourite Magazines and I'm pleased I did as it no looks as if its Out of Stock, So I would check out your local Auction Sites to see if you can pick up a copy.............. However the down side to this is.......I already have to many projects, (Well 5) on the go and I really Don't need any more LOL!

That's it for now....I'm also working on a new post in the "Tips and Tricks" Section about Threads.....so check back soon........

Happy Stitching All!

10 comments:

Stephie said...

Lovely work :) Can't wait to see more progress pics. (Also, JE's mag is also in hobbycraft priced at £9.99) :D

demeter83 said...

You've done loads, it looks brilliant.

I was looking at the magazine, but I thought I might have a lot of the charts already.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow she's amazing so far. Awesome job!

anojaa said...

I love joan elliott"s work too! thanks for telling us about the special edition. your fire goddess look stunning!

Mary Joan said...

WOW! It look great. I just love Joan's designs. I've managed to get the book. I did not see any publicity about it. There were only 2 copies left in W H Smiths. I have seen it at £30 on e-bay.

Shelley said...

Oh wow.. this is a stunning piece! Can't wait to see the progress :)

Nicola said...

The book is amazing - I treated myself to it a few days ago. Enjoy. Loving the Fire Goddess.

Wendy said...

you´ve made great progress, and the colours are wonderfull indeed !

oh my, just what I need, another book I just must have ! lol !

Stitching Noni said...

Amazing! I can't believe how quickly you stitch your projects... what is your secret? You must put your speed stitching secret on your tips page. Thank you for the first tip - it is a great tip and makes a lot of sense :-)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Home is Where My Heart Is said...

You have done lovely work. I'm sure you'd like this new blog, if you haven't found it already.
http://fantasycrossstitch.blogspot.com/?zx=874e5fe50f05ae6b