Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Have a Finish!

Do you ever get the feeling that you have all of these projects on the go and its always a long time between the start and the finish...........Well this week I needed a little Instant stitch gratification!

After checking the Stash........Sunday Night I made a new start............
Sunday
Not to bad for a first nights stitching after working all day............

Monday was a long long day at work......and boy was I pleased to get home..........

Monday
Shaping Up Quite nicely............so I kept going.........

Tuesday
Wednesday I thought was never going to end......Also knowing I had to close the following night did not make me happy in the least..........

Wednesday
Its looking more and more like a frock............

Thursday
Thursday was the worst day/night at work.......I had the most vile customer........some people just want to make your day hell..........and besides nothing I could have said would have made him less angry......anyways enough about grumpy man.........

So the Weekend was here at last and Well its Saturday night .......and The world has not ended which I am pleased about because I have not Finished a "Sin" Selfish I know!

But I'm pleased to show you.............from the Nora Corbett "Pixie Couture Collection" Holly

Holly "Pixie Couture"
OK so she needs a wash and a press! Also I made a change to the wings (I really didn't want to wait for floss) I'm really happy with how she turned out. I have had the Collection in my Stash for awhile, it screamed out to me.............I also picked up a canvas today which has been painted green, and I will post a pic once that's done.

So in my Job I'm lucky enough to sometimes get to read a book that's is about to come out and will more than likely be a sensation. So one of the book reps came in with a present for me.....It came wrapped in Blood Red Ribbon........With a postcard Saying the "Circus Is Coming........." The book is Called "The Night Circus" By Erin Morgenstern.....so I'm 100 pages in and all I can say is WOW! Its amazingly good........Its richly visual, the characters are so real..........Already I want to runaway and join the Circus...........I'm excited to read more, but I want to take my time, normally I plow through books pretty quick, but for some reason I want to savor this experience..........So Watch out for this Coming in September..........I'm not sure if this is final cover art......forgive me if its not! But I have a felling its going to be big.........

That's it for now! Sorry Its a rambling post............

Happy Stitching All!

16 comments:

anojaa said...

Congrats on your wonderful (and so quick) finish!
I will definitely take a look at this book when it comes out. Well, if I can because my stash of books to read can only compete with my cross stitch stash! ;)

Cat said...

Oh wow, you're very quick! Thanks a lot for your comment on my blog. I've changed fabric to 18 count as well now. 23 count just didn't work for me ;)

Midge said...

Your pixxie is gorgeous. Congrats on the double quick finish.

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG You are truly amazing and freakishly fast in your stitching. Congrats on your finish she's awesome, as usual with all your work. I'm glad the world didn't end either because not only have you not finished a sin - but I bought 2 more of them in the recent HAED 50% off sale. Good gravy! Envy was one of them as thanx to your magnificent wips I couldn't resist.

Thanx for checking on my welfare too - I'm back and better than ever.

Congratulations again - :> Alicia xo

Donna said...

That was so quick. It looks great!!!

Shelley said...

Wow! Its a beautiful finish :)

Lauren said...

I love that design... you stitched it up so quickly too!

Cat said...

Hey again! I was wondering how you avoid flattened stitches when using a hoop?
I find that the stitches the hoop covers usually comes out smashed and flattened afterwards. I've tried using a stitching frame, but that is simply too big for my taste ;)

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Lovely finish. I love the colour of the berries and leaves.

Joysze said...

Awesome finish!!! She's so beautiful. :D

Nicola said...

I love,love love that pixie!! Fabulous finish! :-))

Mrs Dibble said...

Oh Manbroider....you stitch like the wind....do you not sleep at any stage?????

rosebud68 said...

Oh my gosh, you must have fire in your fingers!!!! Love it, so cute, and such a good feeling to finish something huh. Well done you :)

threadbear said...

Great finish - I really like what you have done with the wings :-)

The book looks interesting too - I'll keep an eye out for it. How lucky are you having a job that you get sneaky peeks!

Stitching Noni said...

Love your finish.... what a cute little pixie. You truly do have nippy fingers and I am guessing you don't sleep much - I could never stitch that much after a day at work....

Thanks for the book review - will definately keep my eye out for the book. Please feel free to let us know of any other great books about to hit the stands!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Thoeria said...

You are amazing! That is a gorgeous pixie and done so fast! I am in awe!