Saturday, May 28, 2011

QS Mermaid and Holly Mounted!

So after a Finish last week I decided to pick up QS "Spring Explosion Mermaid" and do some work on her. Overall I'm Pleased with how she is turning out...........

So a little reminder of what she will look like when completed.....


QS "Spring Explosion Mermaid"
So this is where I left off last time........


As of 28th May
So this project I need to have Finished by December for a Birthday Gift. I'm also leaving all the light skin until the End.

Yesterday "Holly" received a wash and a press........also I finished her off by mounting her on Canvas....I'm pretty happy with how it looks, The other half also asked where is she going, "I'm not sure" I replied......."Do we have somewhere that 24 of them can Hang" "24 why 24" "Because that's how many pixie's there are" They response was "EYEROLL" I'm sure we have all had that response at some time or other.........when you are rapidly running out of room to hang completed projects! We haven't even discussed where the "Sins" will hang when they are done........I digress.......



"Holly" Mounted 27th May 2011
 So this week I'm going back to "Fire Goddess" Only because I really want her finished so I can Start the "Flower Fairies" I almost forgot, My Joan Elliot Book-a-zine arrived at work on Monday! Very Exciting! It's Amazing!

Just before I go here is another picture out my lounge room window at the fog and the sun rising through it..........


Captured Monday 23rd May 2011
Have a good Week All!

Happy Stitching! 

8 comments:

anojaa said...

Mermaid looks gorgeous! Great framing for Holly. lol, your hanging problem is so funny! You're too fast, that's all!
Beautiful pic!

rosebud68 said...

Holly looks gorgeous. I wish I had your problem of not having enough space to hang all my completed projects, my main problem is that most of mine end up being for other people. I MUST do at least 1 just for ME this year!!!! Mermaid is flying along, at this pace you will have her well and truely finished by december :)
So when is the next tips and tricks topic going to be appearing? Also did you manage to get praying hands in the end or do you still need it? If you are stuck I got the cross stitch collection yesterday with it in.

Cat said...

I cannot believe how fast you are! It's simply amazing, I wish I was that quick.

Thank for your comment on my blog. I kinda started Envy from the top for the very same purpose - so we can watch the development of her. Lots of confetti stitches in the top corner though ... not my favorite kind of thing ;)

stitchstitchknit said...

Sounds like you have a lot of work to do :) And all your projects are so lovely!
You made a lot of progress on your Mermaid, I'm sure you will be able to finish her in time :) It's still some months until December ;)
Holly looks great and it's great to hear that you want to stitch a few more pixies, I'll be happy to watch that!

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Lovely choice of mount for Holly Fairy and the colour combos. in your QS are gorgeous.
Beautiful photo too,very atmospheric.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow great shot out of your window. You can add photographer to your resume it was an awesome capture. All your progress is fantastic and fast as usual. Don't worry about eye rolls I get them all the time and from other cross stitchers too! LOL.

Congrats on all your work
Alicia

Joysze said...

Great progress on Spring Explosion. I'm sure you'll have her finished in time... you stitch so quickly. :D

LOL! I just sprang the idea of converting the bi-fold doors in the laundry area into a 'wall' and displaying some (yet to be stitched) Pixie Coutures on it. To his credit, there weren't any eyerolls. LOL!!!

Holly is beautifully framed and I love the view from your lounge. :D

Mrs Dibble said...

Well if you do a full series of something...you have to hang them as a group...goes without saying....EYEROLL notwithstanding......!!!!!!