Thursday, June 2, 2011

Its With a Heavy Heart........Non Stitchy Post

Its with a heavy heart that I write this entry and please excuse any rambling.......

This Morning the next door neighbour came over to see if we had a small black cat.....We did and she on the side of the road, it appears she was hit at somestage this morning.......Losing a family pet is almost as hard as losing a human, they are part of your family........They keep you warm and they are fantastic company.

My Sister is devastated as are we all, we are just waiting for our other housemate to come home, so she can say goodbye, and then we are taking her to the vet to be cremated.

The other piece of news, is that most of you will know that I am from Christchurch and that there was a devastating Earthquake back in February. I lost an old school friend in the Quake, and last night on the news, we were told that he had been Identified, from bone fragments......Although I have not seen my old school friend since leaving, I'm in mixed emotions about how to feel. Although my school days were not happy, I did have a good group of friends, and to lose one of them in such a way is hard to understand.....

I will post more later.....

R.I.P Petra

R.I.P Matty B

Take care all.........

15 comments:

Xeihua said...

I'm so sory for both your losses.
My thoughts are with you.
Hugs

Stephie said...

I'm so sorry for your losses. I too know what its like to lose a very beloved pet. Hope you keep well :) x

Stitching Noni said...

Oh dear, a very sad day all round for you. I am so sorry to hear about your dear pussy cat - they do give us so much love and it is heart breaking to lose them.

I am also very sad for you to hear about your friend. Even when you haven't seen someone for a long time they are still part of your life and you.

Take the time for grieve for both your friend and your dear feline friend.

Take care, hugs to you all

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this difficult day. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Emily said...

I'm sorry for your losses ... I know losing someone is very hard. Also, losing your pet is like losing a family memeber!! My heart and prayers are w/you tonight

Nicola said...

What a sad post :-( My thoughts are with you and indeed the families of your schoolfriends who lost their lives. Pets are good friends too and its devastating when they are taken too soon. Keep well.

Wendy said...

my condolances on your loss.
it must be devastating to lose a much loved pet, and a friend that you have held in your heart.
weather you have been close or not, having something happen to someone you care about is absolutely the worst thing.
I´d like to wish you strenght to get through this.

Thoeria said...

Sorry for your losses. To lose a family pet is never easy - they're family , friend, companion and so much more all rolled into one. Losing a school friend is also difficult - whether you kept in contact or not they were a part of what made you you today. Take care.

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Very sorry to hear of your sad news. Am thinking of you. Take care

Joysze said...

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing a pet is one of the most difficult things in the world. Losing a friend with whom you've built good memories is as difficult. Take good care.

Cat said...

My thoughts go out to you and others affected by these terrible losses.

rosebud68 said...

Oh, I am so sorry for all you have been through this week. I usually check your blog on saturdays and was sad to see what a hard week you have had. Lots of prayers and thoughts at this time from your Hamilton buddy.

anojaa said...

I'm so sorry about your losses. Loosing a pet or a friend, someone you care for is a though experience. My thoughts are with you

The Crafty Princess said...

My deepest sympathies to you over your loss. By remembering them here and in your heart you ensure their immortality. They are only as far away as a thought. Take care and make sure you do something nice for yourself, in times of grief we sometimes forget to celebrate life!

Take care my friend.
Alicia xo

Freddysmama said...

Deepest sympathies from a new follower... I too am from Christchurch and although I now live in Sydney, my family are all still in Chch.

I don't think any of us remain untouched by the utter devastation of the earthquakes...

Kirstin