Saturday, July 23, 2011

Colouring In! A New Chart! Funny Pet Story!

Hi Everyone,
Well I haven't been around much this last fortnight! Although I have been reading all your blogs and everyones work looks great! As Always!

Well we have been of on Holiday from work this week, nothing like 6 days away! I have not missed the boring mundane things about my job! Also the weather has not been very nice, so its been lots of days with the fire going and catching up on all the TV programmes that you save and Never get around to watching! One of them has been "Dontown Abbey" Which I have to say is a Fantastic programme, I love that period of time, and always wondered would I be Upstairs or Down! The Costumes are Fantastic and the House Who would not love to live there!

So I managed to catch the end of the HAED Sale 30% off! Love A Sale! I have had my eye on 2 charts for awhile now by the Artist Jonathan Earl Bowser! So I caved and Brought "Water" I think this will be my BAP for next Year!

"Water" by JEB
I also love "Fire" so the next sale its mine! The other great thing about this chart NO BLACK! LOL! It will be nice to do a large project that has no 310 in it!

So while the weather has been wet and cold, I have been Colouring in "Sweet Selina" Its Looking really good!

QS "Sweet Selina"
The hair is a Confetti Nightmare! Although its looking good! So this is a weeks worth of "colouring" I should think another fortnight and she might be done! It will be nice to have a finish!

So last night I was treated to a Sundae in bed, after DP had to pick the Drunk Housemate up! So the Dog who never likes to miss out on a treat was allowed to clean the inside of my cup * Oh No* I hear you say! But hey he doesn't get treats that often........anyways after DP was finished, the cup went straight in the bag.........and so did ............

The Dogs Head! The Cup was licked clean and the dog was very happy! Although it was had to laugh and take photos at the same time, it was very funny!

Only 2 days and it back to the grindstone.....*sigh* Although hopefully I can Colour some more before I go back!

Happy Stitching All!

17 comments:

Nicola said...

Love the new chart, and Selina coming along too! Your dog is a legend for that pic! x

mdgtjulie said...

What a great pic. I love it!! You know, they make ice cream for dogs here. They're called Frosty Paws. I don't know if they have them where you are or not, but it doesn't hurt to look. Then he can have a treat when you do! Glad you enjoyed your week off work by coloring in. It looks great!!

rosebud68 said...

Selina looks awesome with the colour. Love the new chart.
Ah yes, animals. They are so entertaining. Dad went out one night and got himself a roast chicken ( was living alone). He pulled a bit off for his dinner and left the rest on the bench to cool down so he could put it away, then promptly fell asleep. When he woke the chicken was completly gone, the plate was licked clean and he had a very contented golden lab at his feet.....hehehe. I must say your doggie looks a lot happier without the cone!!!!

Jennifer M. said...

This design is coming out so pretty. The HAED designs are so much stitching. I don't know if I will ever attempt one of those. It is actually a lot of fun to watch other stitchers do them. :P

Your dog is adorable. What a character. :D Enjoy your next two days of rest.

Jen

Cat said...

Lovely new chart! And I just love Selena, the colours are gorgious.

Fantastic pic of the dog btw ;)

Kahlan said...

Great new chart!

Lauren - Ambitious Stitches said...

Love the new chart! I have to avoid the HAED site when I hear about a sale... otherwise I'd have a house full of future WIP's!

The colors on Selina are looking lovely. I love her glove especially!

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Love the picture the Dog :) Downton Abbey is great isn't it? I missed it when it was on TV here in the UK , but watched it in two sittings on DVD after my DIL lent me her Christmas present:)

Faerie said...

Gorgeous chart choice! And great progress on you WIP.

stitchstitchknit said...

The chart you bought is just gorgeous!! I'm already looking forward to see you working on this :)

Selina looks amazing with the colors in :)

demeter83 said...

Love the new chart, and congratulations on your colouring in, looks incredible.
And bless the snack sneaking!

Mrs Dibble said...

What a well mannered dog....I have a lab who would have eaten the bag as well!!!! Lovely colouring in!!

Joysze said...

Selina looks sooooo pretty colored in!!! Oh my, oh my!!

Your dog is darling. LOL!

The Crafty Princess said...

Love the chart great choice! And Sweet Selina is looking well...sweet! Fantastic progress as usual for you. How cute is your doggie awww!

Pull the other thread said...

Selina is looking so fantastic, I love your work on it. That is one cuddly looking dog! Love the new chart as well. I also caved in the 30% off sale! My credit card gives a little sob everytime HAED announce a sale :)

Gizzimomo said...

Selina is looking fabbie! Love the new chart.....great choice!

James Inderson said...

These are great. So lovely with perfect colors.

Funny Pet Pictures