Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Post, Sorry its been Awhile!

We Finished our holiday, Back to work we went.........And I've shattered ever since!

So my first day back at work I ended up doing nearly 12 hours! We were very short staffed and we had a new staff member start who needed training! Then It was end of the month and things just snowballed! First of the month came along, and I didn't pick up a needle for 2 days, and When I did I couldn't decide what I felt like doing! So I kinda worked on 3 projects!

I did some more Colouring in on "Selina"

QS"Sweet Selina" July 27th
The I picked up "FOF 88" And I did manage another 700 stitches on her.......

"FOF 88" End July
The I started a promised stitch for my sister that was for her birthday last year........

Midsummer Nights Fairy 3rd August
This was 4 days worth of stitching..............

Then yesterday I picked up ( Can you see a theme ) QS Spring Mermaid! I figure I need to get a decent chunk done, as It for a gift in December!

Then I had some goodies arrive in the Mail!

Stash!
These are the beads and Metallic threads for Midsummer and Woodland Fairy! Yay for Stash!

We also had our work conference going on this week so the boss has been out all week, so the joys of being 2IC you need to work heaps more than normal hence why hardly any stitching this week! The conference wrapped up on Thursday Night With A Gala Awards Dinner, So had to drag out the glad rags! Nothing like a black tie Event to end a killer week! So by the end of the night I was shattered!

Today is just as bad I was up and at the supermarket early, I'm Making 3 x My Fantastic Chocolate Slab Cake for a Function Today! Normally 1 cake would do, however this is a Tongan Birthday so lots of hungry mouths to feed.......Speaking of Which the Oven has just gone off Better go get the cake out! Only 2 more to go!

Happy Stitching All!

I promise I will catch up on all your blogs and Loverly Stitching soon!

9 comments:

Kristy said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and just wanted to say your stitching is amazing

rosebud68 said...

Well, what a crazy week or 2 you have had. I had to smile when you said you hadnt picked up a needle for 4 days, sadly for me it has been a month since I have stitched anything and I have missed it so much. They joys of having an active toddler who only sleeps for an hour during the day now, which means I am shattered by the end of the day running around after him. But today is a quiet day at home in front of the fire both sick so once hubby gets home from work with fish and chips I am off to bed to stitch!
Your progress on your WIPS is great, I love seeing how gorgeous the colouring in is looking. Cant wait to see it finished.
MMMM, chocolate cake, now I want to make one!!!!

stitchstitchknit said...

Sounds like you had a busy and demanding time. I hope that you will soon again have more time fro yourself and your stitching =)
All your three projects looks wonderful, what a lovely start on Midsummer Nights Fairy.
Sometime I am happy to see that I am not the only one who just doesn't have the time for stitching for some weeks =) But I am sure that life will get better again soon =)
Choclate cake sounds yummy =)

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, you have had a lot going on!!! I love all your progress pics. I think you have made lots of progress, even though it feels like you weren't stitching much! Glad work will be back to normal for you now!!

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Lovely to catch up on what you have done. I hope you have more time for stitching very soon:)

Faerie said...

Great progress on your WIP's!

Joysze said...

Holy moly.... for not having had a lot of stitchy time, you got a heck of a lot done!!!! *stunned* They all look gorgeous, as usual. :D

Tamara said...

Lovely work! I just discovered your blog and I am looking forward to following your progress!

demeter83 said...

I managed to completely miss this post when it went up... if that's your idea of not having much time then there's no hope for me... you've done absolutely loads.
I love Midsummer Nights Fairy, she's on my too stitch list (although I will have to buy her first), such a gorgeous chart... they all look brilliant though!
And did the cake go down well?