Friday, September 16, 2011

"Mermaid" Update!

So I have some pics of what I have done this week on "spring explosion mermaid"

I'm pretty pleased with how she is looking however the page I am working on is Confetti Heavy!

So this is where I was when I put her down........

"Mermaid" Sunday 11th September 2011
This is where I put her down Last night.....

"Mermaid" Thursday 15th September 2011
All the blues are great to work with, So I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to be pretty close to a page finish!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments about "Poppy", Today she is going in for a wash, also hopefully I will get her Framed as well.

Stephie asked a Question in my last post about working with Metallic Threads. I always use them as they come of the reel. I probably use longer lengths than I probably should although with regular untwisting I don't seem to have to many problems with knots etc and I also keep the thread pretty damp as well............I will post some pics in the "Tips and Tricks" about Metallic threads before the end of the weekend. I also have to Update the "Gallery of Finishes" as well. But I will wait till I have washed "Poppy".

That's it for now! Hope you all have a great day!

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Jules said...

Wow! Those are some vibrant colors. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this piece.

Sally said...

I am new to your blog and am in total awe at all the gorgeous pieces you stitch and how much you get stitched. This piece looks so pretty and I just love all those beautiful colours. The HAED I'm stitching on is B&W and I long for some colour!

Stephie said...

Your mermaid is looking really fab :) Can't wait to see more. Thank you for answering my question, really appreciate it :D Now just to get the kreinik and then I can backstitch the wings on Summer Fairy.

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Beautiful bold colours, she is looking really good:)

Sarah said...

verry nics, i follow your blog

Mvg Sarah

Gizzimomo said...

Great progress, she's looking great and congratulations on finishing Poppy as she looks fantastic and I can't wait to see her framed up! xx

stitchstitchknit said...

Mermaid looks fantastic!

Jennifer M. said...

The colors in this design are gorgeous. Those blues are super pretty. Can't wait to see more of this one.

Jen