Monday, September 12, 2011

"Poppy Fairy" Finished! With Pics!

As promised here are some pics of "Poppy Fairy" which I did finish last night!

I finished the last of the beading whilst watching Sex and the City 2 Which was So funny!

Anywho onto the Pics.........

"Poppy Fairy" Finished 11 Sept 2011
"Poppy Fairy" Close up
I did make some changes to the beads, because I love to stitch and Antique White Adia, The clear glass beads do get a little lost in the swirls, So I picked a deep almost blood red bead with a dark centre, as soon as I put the first 1 on I knew it was the right choice! I also (mostly because Im impatient and didnt want to order and wait for the right black beads, because my craft store didnt have the right ones) swapped out the black beads for a gun metal silver and they look really good as well. The skin which I always worry about, because I think it will look uneven, came out great, although i did omit some of the 3/4 stitchs. So Over all I'm very happy, Like I said out of the Six she is my least favorite, but I've come around to a different way of thinking having stitched it and seen it complete. So she will be washed and framed over the weekend, but for now she is rolled up in my stitching bag.

So whats next, Well like I said in my previous post, I need to work on "Spring Explosion Mermaid" So I have sorted my threads into its box and she is ready to go...............

"Spring Explosion Mermiad" Sept 12 2011
Im thinking she might take about 5 weeks to finish which is alright by me.

I also have made a vow NO NEW STARTS till the new year! LOL!

Thats it for now! A Big Welcome to my New Follwers as well! I hope you enjoy reading my rambles!

Happy Stitching All!

16 comments:

demeter83 said...

Wow, no new starts for the rest of teh year, that's quite a promise!
I love watching this blog, you always have such gorgeous designs on the go, and Poppy Fair looks great, what are you going to do with her?

Thoeria said...

Oh WOW! Your poppy is just GORGEOUS! Your choice of beads are real dramatic and really makes her look even more stunning! A superb finish yet again :)

Stephie said...

Wow, I have to say she is also my least favourite, but seeing her complete is changing my mind :D I have one question regarding the kreinik on her wings, did you separate the threads or just use it as it comes off the reel? (Currently working on Summer Fairy by JE and I'm unsure about the wings) lol.

Rachel said...

Poppy Fairy looks fantastic! I like the change you made in the beads too, they just pop! :) Congratulations on the finish! Spring Explosion Mermaid is looking great as well! I look forward to seeing your progress on her. :)

irishcream06 said...

Wow she looks gorgeous!!

Claudette497 said...

So stunning! She is really beautiful and your skill is amazing! Great choices on the beads - I think your swaps have really added a lot to the piece.

Faerie said...

Very nice finish!

Tracy J said...

Very pretty!

Blu said...

Gorgeous finish!

rosebud68 said...

Wow, gorgeous. So glad you got it finished as I have been looking forward to seeing her completed. I love the choice of bead colours, perfect for the design. Good luck with your goal to not start anything new for the rest of the year, you have a nice selection of WIPS to keep you going but I dont think I could make that goal for myself....too tempting to start something nice for christmas!!!

Veronica said...

Poppy Fairy is gorgeous. I think she looks great with your substituted beads. Congratulations!

threadbear said...

Wow you got her done so fast! She looks great and the beads are a perfect choice :-) And really .. no new starts til the end of the year .. um yeah!

stitchstitchknit said...

Poppy is breathtaking!! Excellent finish!!
I like the beads you chose, they are just perfect =)
And I am so happy to see the Mermaid again =)

Joysze said...

Congrats on the Popp finish. :D The red beads definitely pop nicely against the white.

Can't wait to see more of Spring Explosion! :D

Anne said...

Ooh Poppy is pretty!! Lovely finish! Congrats!!

Jennifer M. said...

WOW! Poppy looks amazing! Absolutely gorgeous stitching. Congrats on finishing her.

Jen