Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Weekend is Over Again!

Well the weekend is drawing to a close again, and as always it has gone way to fast!

So I have spent the week working on "Poppy" she is coming along quite nicely.

"Poppy Fairy" 1st September
This is what she looked like at the end of the week. I also have learnt my lesson and that's not to stitch after doing 11 hrs at work. The Poppy on the far left, is completely up the whop and the frog did visit!

Although I think i managed to save it mostly! So after the weekend she has wings!

"Poppy Fairy" 3rd September
So next its onto the my most dreaded part the Skin! Then is the backstitch and beads! Then comes the hard part whats next, as much as I want to start something new, but I know I must work on "Spring Explosion Mermaid" Because It does need to be done for Xmas! But then its almost time to start Xmas Stitching because that's just around the corner!

I have also taken a stack of pics of some finished stuff that I will update during the week!

That's about it for now, I'm off to Do Desert! Yum Yum!

Happy Stitching All!

11 comments:

Tracy J said...

This piece is looking very beautiful, looking forward to seeing the face added.

Lesley (Home Is Where My Heart Is) said...

Your Poppy Fairy is looking gorgeous

Jennifer M. said...

This is just beautiful! The color details are amazing. Yes I too have learned not to stitch after a long day of work. The brain it just in auto mode and not in alert mode. :)

Jen

Claudette497 said...

She is looking amazing! I can't wait to see her finished!

Wolfie said...

That is a gorgeous design and you have come a really long way:) Keep up the good work!
It is lovely to see a man who stitches. I worked as a medical secretary a while back, and my head and neck consultant told me he did embroidery to keep his hands and fingers flexible. I have tried to get my husband to give it a try since (he was an ENT SHO, but has now changed to GP) but he has not tried yet...I'm staying hopeful:) / Ylva

Faerie said...

Poppy is looking so good!

mdgtjulie said...

Looking good. She's so bright!!! Love the way the wings look!!

stitchstitchknit said...

Poppy looks amazing =)
She will be stunning with the backstitching and the beads!

Joysze said...

She looks great!!! Good luck with the skin.

Anne said...

Love the poppy fairy! Just today I picked some wild ones, although orange, they are pretty :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful work. I don't know how you fit it all in with your job, cooking and gift stitching. I know you posted before about this but I can't remember why you dreaded doing skin bits. Is it for inconsistency reasons?? Whatever the reason you'll do great. Sorry bout the frog visit a least it was a short one. xo