Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mermaid page 5 Done! The End is in Sight!

Well after a mad week, and a wet and wild weekend A Rugby Win and a baby, Page 5 of "Spring Explosion Mermaid" is done and dusted and I am now on the home straight!

Work is really starting to ramp up, as we head into the festive season........the Xmas cards are out and I need to find the work decorations so they can be put up..........We are also a little short staffed so the days are busy but they fly past which is great. The weather has been all over the show, nice one minute and then pouring with rain the next.......and to make matters worse, I'm not sure if the news has made it off shore, but we have a shipping container boat suck on one of beautiful reefs and its leaking oil......I'm not going to say much more then that because it makes me mad and I don't like to be mad!

The other big news of course is the Rugby World Cup that's on here, in case you missed it, New Zealand is in the Finals...........I hope it goes well..........We can be be bad losers and I fear for the coaches and players if it all turns to muck....But it wont!

Also I know I said about not having any new starts but my housemates sister had a wee baby a couple of days ago, and this means I might have to break my new starts promise and get a baby gift done so when she goes home in December it can go with her..........Does that count???? I did one for the other baby when she was born so it would be rude not do one for this......But I'm Torn.......I really wanted to finish what I have on the go....although it might be a nice break from lots of confetti.........Its a blue version of this........

Baby Canvas
So onto Mermaid....I have now stitched my first stitches on the last and final page! YAY!

I'm so very pleased with how she is going......although I have to say the "little" butterfly on her chest nearly did it for me.......Just 1 stitch at a time.............

"Spring Explosion Mermaid" 18 October
Up Close
Although it looks fantastic that small wee butterfly I'm sure had almost all of the colours in it! I'm also really pleased with the skin......I have this fear that it will look messy and the uneven.......So I really take my time to make it look good......so that slows things down somewhat. Never the less its turning out pretty good.

Tonight we had the first episode of season 2 of "Downton Abby" Holy Cow it was good! If you have not watched it please go and find it! Its Amazing!

Well that's about it for now.........Its late and I've another big day at work tomorrow......what drama will happen next, who knew a bookstore could be so full of it.....hahaha

Also of to the post office to put a special parcel in the post..........

Enjoy the rest of your week.........I will post an update on the weekend you might even have an eye to look at!

Happy Stitching All!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww, that is such a cute little present for baby. It doesn't look like it would take too long to stitch up either.

Your mermaid looks amazing! The butterfly is stunning too, but would drive me mad with the confetti, lol. You are very close to the end, and I can't wait to see your update when she's done. :D

Cat said...

Absolutely stunning work as always! I just loooove Downtown Abbey as well and I had no idea a second season was on it's way! Thanks for the info :) Looking very much forward to see your progress on your works :)

Cat said...

Lol *Downton Abbey - I always make that mistake when writing :)

Sarah said...

zeer mooi gedaan, prachtig

Mvg Sarah

Lesley said...

Well my post was lost somewhere, so I'll try again:(
Your mermaid is looking awesome,and Downton Abbey is a 'must watch it' for me on a Sunday evening,even my husband is hooked and he doesn't watch period dramas :)

Danielle said...

I am a new follower to your blog, having found it through another fellow blogger. Your stitching is amazing! You have inspired me to try a HAED. Can you tell me how you organize your threads? I have experimented with a few ways, but want to make this as painless as possible. Thanks.

Thoeria said...

Firstly, congratulations on your awesome win - glad you clobbered the Aussies :-)
The mermaid is looking stunning - it's the confetti tat keeps me away from HAED ... but someday...
And love the baby gift - you don't have a choice - you *have* to do one for the new baby!

ricketyjo said...

The mermaid and the baby gift is looking GREAT! I've bought some HAED charts, my first ones, and I am excited to start them.
I'm also watching Downton Abbey, and absolutely loving it.

Claire said...

WoW great progress