Friday, November 4, 2011

Are You Ready for a Long Winded Post..............

So I have been Missing in Action for a bit.......But I really wanted to Have a finish to show you and I do!

But first........So I'm off to have surgery on my Wisdom Teeth, its what the dentist think is causing my headaches and boy do I hope he is right. They have been going up and down for a long time, and the pain in my jaw over the last 2 weeks has been pretty bad.......So after seeing the Oral Surgeon yesterday I feel so much better.......its my bottom 2 that need to come out....they are growing at a 90 degree angle and are pushing at my back molars!

I have also added to my stash....Thanks HAED for having that sale that makes me spend money.......

I brought 2 charts a JBG and a Ching-Chou Kuik

"Red Maple Fairy"
"Kuik Montage"
I have had my eye on "Red Maple" for a while and I really like the "Kuik Montage" So they are just projects to go in the stash for a later date!

I had the shock on Tuesday when a Package arrived at work for me......"Holly" for some reason came back........So it was of to the Post office AGAIN! to re-send her.....They don't know why she came back......So hopefully this time she might make it out of NZ..........NZ Post Sometimes you Suck! Sorry Theoria..........I hope this time........Fingers Crossed!

Now onto the Big News of the Week......"Spring Explosion Mermaid" Is Finished! Yes that's Right Finished!

"Spring Explosion" Friday 28th October
This Piece of hair took an age.....only because I couldn't stitch for to long because having my head down hurt.........

"Spring Explosion" Monday 31 October
I was so happy when I finally reached the last stitch in the top corner.....the end was in sight!

As you can see I left the face till last, I wanted to do it all at once so it would look even. You know that fear of skin that I have!

"Spring Explosion" 2nd November
Her face stitched up really fast and her eyes look so good!

Full View "Spring Explosion Mermaid" Finished 2nd November
So at about Midnight on Wednesday I put the Final Stitch in..........it felt so good to finish and to finish another HAED Chart! She has had a quick Iron, But I'm undecided about giving her a full wash and press......I should but having never washed such a densely stitched piece before I'm a little scared in case of shrinkage! I'm sure it will be fine.........But does she not look amazing!

So whats Next, Well I'm not starting anything new.......So I'm going to go back to "Sweet Selina"

"Sweet Selina" November 3rd
There is not as much to do on her as there was on "Spring Explosion" But still a fair chunk of Hair etc to go...........So I would love to have her done in time for Xmas.......But we will see..........

That's about it for now......I'm off to Update Finishes Gallery and my side Bar! And catch up on all your blogs...........*stalk stalk*

Have a Great Weekend All!

Happy Stitching!

22 comments:

Tamara said...

Spring Explosion Mermaid looks fantastic! Congratulations on your finish! I only dream of finishing a HAED and I have been frequently getting distracted lately, lol!

Monique said...

I came across your blog through another blog and let me just say that I read every single one of your posts in one sitting. Your work is amazing and I really enjoyed it. Look forward to reading lots more.

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on the finish! She does look wonderful!

Little Miss Stitchy Stitch said...

Spring Explosion Mermaid looks fantastic!! You have done a beautiful job. I can't wait to see how the CC Kuik montage comes to life.

Midge said...

Fabulous finish!! Good luck with the wizzies, I had the exact same trouble with mine but after they went so did the problem!

Thoeria said...

Your mermaid looks even more stunning (didn't think that it was possible!) She really is gorgeous done!
I'm sure that with your speedy needles Selina will definitely be done before Xmas!
Hope you get sorted with the wisdoms - I had mine removed a few years ago looked like a chipmunk for a few days but it was worth it :-)

Lesley said...

Your Mermaid finish is fantastic, congratulations.
Look forward to more pics of Sweet Selina too. Hope all goes well with your surgery,it is amazing how much trouble teeth can cause:( but I hope it will be the end of your headaches.

Claire said...

Spring Explosion looks great.How many hours do you stitch a day?

Rachel said...

Your finished mermaid looks wonderful!! I can't wait to see some progress on Sweet Selina, she's cute.

Good luck with the surgery. I had my bottom wisdom teeth out for the same reason as you. They aren't supposed to grow that way!! I hope this gives you some relief. I know it made me feel so much better.

ricketyjo said...

Your mermaid looks beautiful!! Congrats on the finish.
And I hope your teeth are all better soon and your headaches gone :) Have a great weekend!

Gizzimomo said...

Ooooo she looks STUNNING!! Congratulations on the finish! Love the new charts, I've seen the montage and it's cool as it's just 9 Kuik QS's put together as a full size design so you can just stitch the girls one at a time!

Goo dluck with your teeth! xx

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish! Your mermaid is really lovely.

I'd love to comment more often but you have embedded comments and I can only leave one when I'm using my iPhone. If you could change your comment form to the pop up type more people could comment! (there is a Blogger bug in embedded comment blogs) If you need help changing it feel free to email me!

The Manbroider said...

Hi Daffycat, I have Changed it! Thanks for that! Claire I Only Stitch maybe a couple of hours a night after work, and a few more on the weekends!

The Crafty Princess said...

Stunning finish. Congratulations she is truly beautiful!

I love the CCK montage, had my eye on it but couldn't justify another chart, so glad you are doing it though. With your lightning needles they will be started and finished in no time and my curiosity will be satisfied and I will be saved from another naughty purchase! Thanks man-broider!

nikkin said...

Congrats on your finish, she looks amazing! And the new charts you chose are very nice!

Good luck with your teeth, I had the same issue with mine, as my jaw was too narrow, so they ended up pushing out my back molars. To remove them is a little more invasive as they have to go underneath to get them out, but recovery wasn't bad. I hope everything goes smoothly!

/hugs

Daffycat said...

Thank you, Mr. Man! I so appreciate it!

I hope everything went well at the dentist...

Claire said...

Wow that's fast then :0). Please follow me too. x

http://claire-stitchart.blogspot.com/

demeter83 said...

Congratulations on your finish, she looks stunning, and I can't wait to see you going back to Sweet Selina!

Good luck with your Wisdom Teeth, I got told last week that I've got to have all four out and I'm trying to not freak out so hope it all goes okay for you.

Cathy said...

Spring Explosion is beautiful! I love your new stash. Hope to start my first HAED later this month.

Joysze said...

CONGRATS!!!! Spring looks fantastic!! :D

How is Sweet Selina coming along? (since I'm so late catching up with your blog....)

Yikes on your wisdom teeth. :( Have you gotten them out yet? Feel better!!

weestitchy.com said...

oh wow!!!! stunning i love her!!! well donE and sorry about the teeth, i hate the dentists i had 5 teeth took out with no anesthetic, as the dentist was drunk he got struck off, i got a fear of dentists that you wouldnt believe and really crap teeth so i hear you pain!

Erla Björk said...

WOW your mermaid looks just stunning! I will definitely need to add her to my ever growing wishlist!
Can´t wait to see Sweet Selena finished! Hope you will be able to finish her before Christmas :)