Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dear Mum.................

Well Mum, its been a little over 4hrs since we got the call that you were in Hospital, you have had a massive bleed in the brain, and you had just been taken of life support. You are breathing on your own, but they have said that you are brain dead and we need to get home as quick as we can.

Mum, although we have not spoken in nearly 5yrs, you are in my thoughts everyday as to why we have not spoken..............I really don't want to go into that right now, I want to thank you.........

You may not have given birth to me, but at 10 days old you and dad brought me home from the hospital as proud parents. Mum, I know from all that you said, you and dad fought for me, there was another baby that you were to have, but the mother changed her mind, how I'm glad all these years later that she did.

Right from when I was little you taught me what was right and wrong, how to be a good person.......I love you for being there for me when I was growing up, and you always said how lucky my sister and I were to have both parents in a loving home.

I love you for taking me to my first acting class..........how you took photos of me in my first show.......you drove me to rehearsal.....and sat in the car and waited.....

I remember the night I had rehearsal and we drove through the thick fog along roads with no streetlights to get there.........

I remember the night when I was in High School, and I had stayed late so we could finish the lighting, and laugh at you turning up in your dressing gown at midnight to take me home!

I remember the weekends we spent at the batch and the weekend there was a fire and we were evacuated, and you grabbing your flagon of beer and a mug so you and the neighbours could keep going while we waited..........the New Years Eve that as we were coming home from your sisters 10mins up the road you held your lighter out so that we could be seen, even though we all knew there would be no cars coming at 3am, mum I was only 10..........

I remember the family bbq's, the nights we spent with the cousins playing while the "adults" talked and laughed, I'm sorry we never got to do that..............

I have you to thank for my strong work ethic, and the fact that when i turned 15 you took me ...........to see your friend who gave me my first job...........

Well Mum, you are now at peace, we have just had the called that you passed away at 12.04am .......I'm sorry I never go to say my goodbyes in person , but I'm thankful to your nurse who held the phone to you so I could say my goodbyes.............I'm sorry we couldn't do it in person either.You are my mum and you always will be.............

Your loving Son..........

PS, I did have a stitchy post to do tonight but as you can see things have not gone to plan........Thanks for reading this........We have a flight at 6am back home , it was to see mum, but i guess not now.....

30 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I am so so sorry for your loss. Reading your entry was so hearwarming and touching. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person.

I am sending you massive (((((Hugs))))). I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way for strength to get through this.

(((Hugs)))

AmyJo said...

(((( Hugs )))) I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Monique said...

This is sad news. A few months ago we went through the same situation with my uncle. I know how difficult it is and how one still hopes for a miracle so my thoughts are with you.

Stephie said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss. My thoughts are with you on such a sad day. xx

Shanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that she is watching over you from heaven, and she knows that you loved her and all is ok. The earthly troubles are a thing of the past now. Hugs and prayers your way!

Lauren - Ambitious Stitches said...

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Your words really moved me this morning and you are in my prayers as you travel and begin to heal from her passing. She sounded lovely.

Thoeria said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your Mom sounds like a remarkable woman.

Lesley said...

Am thinking of you and hope that all your happy memories of your Mum and your life with her will help you through this very sad time.

Nicola said...

I am so sorry for your loss., You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers x

Nic said...

So sorry for your loss you and your family are in my thoughts xx

Cath said...

So sorry about your sad news .
Take care .X

Lori said...

I'm sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Joysze said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss, and that you weren't able to be there in person. Take good care.

stitcher mom said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

Shelley said...

Beautiful words. So sorry to hear of your loss *hugs*

The Crafty Princess said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes reading your post. Take heart it's not the last moments of life that is remembered but a lifetime of good memories which you have shown in your post. Keep the good memories in your heart and she will live on in you.
My sympathies to you and your family from me and mine!
xo

lesli said...

I'm so saddened to read your update....my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time.

What wonderful memories you have.... cherish them :)

Babs said...

I'm sorry for your loss

Tamara said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Claire said...

thinking of you at this sad time.

Cathy said...

Hugs. I hope my children love me like you loved your Mum.

threadbear said...

So so sorry for your loss - hugs to you and yours at this most difficult time. I'm sure your Mum heard your goodbye x

Daffycat said...

*cries*
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

StitchCat said...

My thoughts are with you at this time...I am so sorry..........

Stitching Noni said...

I am so very sorry to read that you have lost your Mum. Your words were lovely. Families are funny things but in the end families are still families. It is so heartbreaking that you couldn't be there with your Mum at the end but she will know that you loved her. Take care, our thoughts are with you

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

rosebud68 said...

Big hugs from me my friend. You have such wonderful memories of your mum and have been blessed with a wonderful woman in your life who loved you beyond measure. Take time to rejoice in her life and be thankful for the blessing that she was

demeter83 said...

I'm really sorry hun, hope that you're okay!

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!

Hugs and prayers!

Kim said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember reading something which went along the lines of "you didn't grow beneath my heart, but in it". This is true for my son and I, and sounds exactly like you and your Mum. Hugs from across "the ditch".

Xeihua (Sara) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss :( My prayers and thoughts are with you...