Sunday, December 18, 2011

IHSW Update and a Finish!

IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) this is a great Idea which I have followed for a long time and always thought it was a great Idea. Its run through a fellow stitchers Blog and Its a fantastic way to catch up on your stitching projects, head over to Joyze at 'Random Ramblings' to check it out.

So this is my first time doing it and I worked on "Iris" and I'm pleased to say she is done!

"Iris" Friday 16th December
"Iris" Friday 16th December
"Iris" Saturday 17th December
"Iris" Saturday 17th December Unbeaded
"Iris" Completed 17th December
Does she or Does she not look fantastic! I love these Pixies as they are nice and quick to stitch and have bling as well! So she needs a wash and I've also got to buy and paint a canvas to mount her on so hopefully I will get that done this wee.

Also on Friday it was my Boss's 40th Birthday so Thursday night "Spring Explosion" received her final press and she was framed as well.

A work friend painted the frame and all I had to do was get the Black mount card for the inside which was really cost effective.

HAED "Spring Explosion Mermaid" Framed 15th December
I left the class out to take the pics and then put the glass in to give it. So it is now ready to go to Michele @ HAED for the rewards program, Now I just have to choose a chart. Its either going to be another Hannah Disney or a FOF.

Work has been mad busy, ahhh the joys of Xmas in Retail! Hopefully today goes really fast and its over in no time.

I've still got a couple of Xmas cards to stitch so that is the plan this week.

At least I got another Finish in before the end of the Year!

Happy Hermiting Everyone! Cant wait to see your updates!

Happy Stitching All!

22 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow I love her dress its stunning, great stitching!!!

blue star stitcher said...

Wow you got a huge amount done over just one weekend,she turned out lovely!

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Iris is gorgeous. Love her.

I've got Lily ready to go as part of my Crazy January Challenge - I'm really looking forward to stitching her.

Spring explosion looks fabulous. Your boss is very lucky :)

Anne said...

Wow! Congrats on your finish!! Iris is stunning!! Love the pink and black combo for your Mermaid!!

Kathy A. said...

Wow - those needles of yours must have been smoking. Great finish - Iris is looking so lovely.
What a lovely gift your HAED will be. Matting and framing are perfect.

Erla Björk said...

Iris looks amazing! You are one speedy stitcher!
Love the framing!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a spectacular finish.

The framing is perfect for that haed

Lesley said...

Lovely finishes.

Mangogirl said...

wow! You have been soaring along! Congrats on your finish and such a lovely job framing that HAED

weustygirl said...

Fantastic work, congrats on another 2 beautiful finishes. They are both gorgeous. Cant wait to see what your next one is going to be

Diane (di) said...

Oh my goodness!! Absolutely beautiful stitching. They are indeed both gorgeous. I'm happy dancing with you!!

Melissa said...

Iris looks beautiful! Congrats on the finish :)

Yvon (jioya) said...

That's a great way to spend the IHSW.
She is looking beatiful.

Hugs Yvon.

Joysze said...

Holy moly!!!!!! You needles are on fire! Iris looks awesome. :D I can't wait to see her on the canvas you're talking about.

Spring Explosion is beautifully framed too. Wow, your Boss must've been ecstatic.

Ruth said...

Wow what an excellent job, you sure are speedy lol. I found your blog through IHSW weekends and am now a proud follower of your work !.

Kaisievic said...

Hi, I am a new follower and I am so impressed by your lovely and oh so speedy stitching. Iris is lovely and Spring Explosion Mermaid is so vibrant. Great blog, I look forward to following your stitching projects. Good luck with the Xmas cards.

Merry Christmas, Kaye

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

Wow -- your fingers were flying! Iris is gorgeous.

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful finishes! Can't wait to see what you pick out for the rewards program. I intend to join in the IHSW next year and looking forward to stitching along with everyone. Congratulations on all your amazing finishes for 2011 and you're still going! LOL! xo

Wendy said...

Iris looks realy beautifull !
so sorry to hear about the passing of you mother.
it may not seem like a lot right now, but time does make things better...........

Nicola said...

How great would it be for Blogger to have a like button? I see many, many likes here. Lovely work. Happy New Year to you.

TammyK said...

Dude! Love both of these finishes especially Spring Explosion. Awesome work!

♥ Nia said...

Woowww!! Amazing progress! She looks stunning :D
Congrats on your finish!! :)