Monday, January 23, 2012

IHSW and a Beadtastrophy!

The first IHSW for 2012 is over, and so is January (almost)!

This weekend gone, I turned my needle to getting my restitch of "Holly" finished however I was going great guns until shock horror, I was going to run out of beads! Good Grief! So of to 123 Stitch I go and more beads are on their way to me, also all of the beads and metallic threads for Joan Elliott's "Air Goddess" but shhhhh don't tell the Gardener!

So here is where "Holly" is nearly finished!

"Holly" Friday 20th Jan
I also painted the canvas that she will be mounted on


Please excuse the dim photos in this post I have just taken them at 10:30 in the evening in my dark conservatory! So once the beads arrive I will finish her and do a tutorial for Monique!

I can here you ask, why on earth would I order beads from the US when I could find them here in good Ole NZ, well for one, sometimes I don't feel like trawling all over town to find a package of beads! I also like the convenience of sitting at home ordering and then they arrive at work, 3rd reason is the exchange rate with the US $ at the moment is really good, so it is also cheaper, and I can add to my stash and the Gardener is none the wiser, sneaky.............

I digress...........

Speaking of the Gardener, we had our our first crop of beetroot out of the garden, and beetroot salad was on the menu, So I decided to use the juice and try a little experiment with some fabric.........

Beetroot Fabric
It turned out OK, if I do say so......although, I did hang it on the line to dry and then it rained! Well instead of a solid colour it is now all rain pocked, In the pic you really cant see it....but its there, not sure what I will use it for but I'm sure it will be right for some project!

So on Saturday, while I was procrastinating about  working on "Rose" I gather all the threads and beads for another start.........Its another Pixie Couture..........

"Morning Glory" Pixie Couture
So this is my progress after 2 days

"Morning Glory" Monday 23 Jan
I did however manage to finish the wing on "Rose" that was half way through.........

"Rose" Saturday 21 Jan Day 12
I am having a long weekend in week or so, as its my birthday, it happens to  fall on a public holiday, so why not! So I'm thinking all going to plan, I should be able to get "Morning Glory" done, finish "Holly" and the be able to spend 4 more days on "Rose" and I think that might do her!

That's about it for now, hope you all had a productive weekend as I did, although I did do a little bit of procrastinating!

Have a great week and as always

Happy Stitching!

26 comments:

Thoeria said...

Oh Holly is looking brilliant! You'll have her done in the blink of an eye once those beads get there! I love online shopping too :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Holly is gorgeous! And your other WIPS...all stunning :)

Ruth said...

Holly is looking gorgeous and I'll be looking out for your tutorial. Love the progress you made on Rose and Morning Glory, both wonderful pieces.
I'm with you on online shopping. Here in Ireland where there is a decidely lack of good shops for stash its my only resource and the euro to dollar exchange makes 123 my fav stop lol and what a waste of postage to just order beads ! Not possible, not in my world anyway lol.

mdgtjulie said...

They all look lovely. I love the Pixie Couture pixies. They're lovely. And your Rose looks fab too. I love 123stitch. I order from them frequently. Hope you get your beads ASAP!! And happy stitching!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful projects. Holly looks lovely.

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Totally with you on buying from the US! I always justify my purchases to DH by showing him what the total would be for me to buy everything if I toddled off up the road to the (not so local) LNS and then saying "but if I get it from 123, the postage is basically free, 'cause it'll only cost THIS much instead of THIS much!" Seriously, I went to buy a spool of #4 Kreinik before Christmas - they wanted almost $8!!! I WANT to support the brick and mortar stores in Aus and NZ but I can't afford to stitch the projects I love if I do that...

Holly is gorgeous BTW and Rose too, of course.

Your rain spotted fabric will look great for one of Joan Elliott's fairies, IMO... or maybe another Nora Pixie, perhaps the new Ladyslipper...

Cat said...

Happy birthday!! And what a nice progress on everything!!

Who has designed "Rose" btw? It's such a lovely design.

- Cat.

Wagapapa said...

It's my first time on your blog and I'm a new follower, you are the 1st man I meet who does cross stitch (hope you hear this a lot).

I love your stitching, fairies are great, I love them all!

The fabric you have dyed looks great.

Have a good day and happy birthday!

Annie said...

Hi
This is the first time I have visited your blog.

Holly looks beautiful and I hope your beads arrive soon.

Rose is lovely too and your dyed fabric looks brilliant.

Anne said...

Lovely Holly! She is a beauty!!Great idea to dye some fabby with beetroot. I kind of like that it is rain pocked. Adds a different effect!!

Stitching Sweetie said...

Your projects are gorgeous! Your fabby looks great!

demeter83 said...

All looking absolutely gorgeous! So many brilliant pieces, I love them

Joysze said...

If this is you procrastinating... I don't want to see you stitching in full force. LOL!!! I practically read the whole post with my mouth agape!

Everything looks sooooo great! LOVE IT!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Faerie said...

They are all so beautiful!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!!! You made awesome progress! Cant wait to see how you frame Holly and your fabric you dyed is beautiful!!

weustygirl said...

wow, you had a fantastic weekend didnt you. I am so impressed with how it is all looking, well done. Such gorgeous work. I got quite a bit of stitching done in the weekend as well but nowhere near as much as you!!!!

The Maiden said...

You are so fast, Glory looks amazing! I ran out of beads this weekend too (and spilled 2 packages, and was plagued by frogging). Must be in the air...

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday! great stitching...I think Rose is my favorite!

♥ Nia said...

Holly is gorgeous!! Congrats :D
Wow! Great progress for 2 days!! :)
Beautiful stitching! =)

Linda said...

Stunning work!

Rita said...

Woww...these projects are beautiful!! When i have the guts, i'll try to stitch one of those too! For now i've begun to stitch a Gorujuss girl and i really have to finish it and it's not going to be easy eheh

Wonderful work..congrats!;)
Kiss**

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching you stitch so fast!
I usually buy from the US at the moment it is so much cheaper!

Juls said...

Just stunning!!!!!

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Wow!!! Amazing progress on Glory and both Holly and Roses are looking gorgeous :D Congratulations ;)

Carla said...

Your stitching is beautiful!

Jennifer M. said...

Gorgeous stitching! I love all of the pieces you are working on.

Jen :)