Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rose Update and Some New Statsh!

My Holiday is almost over, however I still have 2 more full days off, which is great and I'm finally starting to relax a little, I was thinking I could do with another week off, But with my next break at Easter its not that long to wait.

So in my last post I mentioned that I had a credit with Michele at HAED, so I hunted for some new charts, I spent a long time looking at BAP, but after awhile settled on 2 QS.

So I got,

FOF 177
QS "Fairy with Butterfly Mask"
Both of them are JBG's and I really like both, esp because they have so much colour!

I also submitted "Spring Explosion" for the rewards program, and picked another Hannah Disney Chart.

QS "Wintergreen Wishes"
Again I have liked this chart for a long time, and I'm thinking it might be my next start.

I also Mounted "Iris" onto her canvas, after not liking the purple I had painted it.

Pixie Couture "Iris"
I was worried that the new colour I picked wasn't going to work, but it looks great! I have also decided to restitch "Holly" so that "Iris isn't lonely! LOL!

OK so onto what I have spent my holiday doing Joan Elliott's "Rose Fairy" and she is coming along a treat.

"Rose" Day 3
"Rose" Day 4
Not much achieved on Day 4, all those layers of the skirt really do take some time!

"Rose" Day 5

"Rose" Day 6
So all her clothes are now done, today I'm going to work more on the left hand side and try to get the roses along there finished. then Its on the home straight. Although I'm not sure how much stitching will get done next week as I know it will be full on when I get back to work!

The weather is supposed to be rubbish today, so although I spent time in the garden yesterday, I wont feel so bad about being Inside today!

I have also picked up a few new followers so welcome to you as well!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Happy Stitching!

21 comments:

Jen said...

Lovely new charts!. :) Rose Fairy is gorgeous, gosh you stitch fast.

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

You stitch so fast! Beautiful start to Rose. I'd like to start Daffodil sometime this year.

Love the new HAED charts. I'm realling feeling I should spend some time with Queenie before this month is out.

Donna said...

What beautiful projects!! I LOVE your canvas!!!

ricketyjo said...

Wonderful! I have no idea how you stitch so much so quickly...Wintergreen Wishes is really striking, I look forward to seeing you work on it :)

Thoeria said...

Love you new stash choices! Can't wait to see them come to life under your needle!
And Rose is looking great! Speedy needles as always :-)

Kristy said...

Your stitching is so nice and I love the new HAED's you chose esp the JBG hers are always so pretty.

TammyK said...

Great new stash. So much progress on your wip too. You're super fast.

Monique said...

As always, wonderful work. I always love looking at what you are up to. I wanted to ask if theres any chance you might make a small tutorial on how you mount the designs onto canvas? I would love to do it but I can't wrap my mind around how to do it.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely new charts - I love HAED - and I love the Rose fairy.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

Titti said...

Meravigliosa la fata della rosa di Joan Elliott, ma mi piacciono molto anche gli schemi della Heaven and Earth, tu sei bravissima!
Ciao Titti

demeter83 said...

So many beautiful projects, can't wait to see your progress on all of these!
And Rose Fairy is beautiful, happy stitching... I'll look forward to seeing all your progress in 2012, you're one of my favourite blogs to follow because you always work on projects that I absolutely love!

Lesley said...

Rose Fairy is looking gorgeous. I like your new charts.

Wendy said...

Iris looks lovely !
wauw,do you frame them all yourself ?

stitchstitchknit said...

Your new charts are fantastic and Rose is sooooo beautiful =)

Mangogirl said...

lovely projects and gorgeous stitching.

weustygirl said...

Oh my gosh I love the butterfly mask one you got, so gorgeous. Rose is looking fantastic. You have managed to get so much done on your break, enjoy the chaos when you get back :)

Maureen said...

Great choices in new charts,I love your taste in stitching!

Erla Björk said...

Beautiful stitching as always! Love the new stash!

Joysze said...

Rose is looking great. How do you stitch so fast?? :D Love what you did with Iris and yes, a companion for her is a must and since you so generously gifted Holly, it would be nice to have one for yourself as well. :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Well you have excellent taste in charts. All 3 that you bought from HAED I also have in my stash, but with you're speedy needles I'm certain you will have yours stitched, framed and mounted before I even buy my fabby for them. Rose is amazing and the canvas for Iris really brings her out. Great colours!!

Shebafudge said...

Just found your blog. You have some lovely projects and I really love the purple you chose for the mount for Iris.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Happy stitching!