Sunday, February 12, 2012

1st Finish of 2012! Slow Stitching Week!

I finally have a finish for 2012!

I had some stash arrive from 123 Stitch which had the beads I needed to finish "Holly" it also contained the beads and metallics that I need for the "Air" Goddess, which is great!

So Thursday night I sat down and finished my restitch of "Holly", Friday she was washed, Ironed and mounted, however I'm not entirely happy with the mounting, I think it has something to do with the different size canvas, but the difference is ever so slight, but it still looks odd to me!

"Holly" Pixie Couture Nora Corbett
Although I am happy with how the canvas colour came out!

And here is "Holly" with "Iris"

"Holly" and "Iris" Pixie Couture
They look great together and I cant wait to add more!

I also had a bit of a slow week on "Selina" after a good session on Monday, with getting the right hand side of the heart stitched and 3 Episodes of "Lewis" later. Tuesday I was knackered after work, Wednesday Night we had my Birthday Dinner, which we went to a really good Indian Restaurant that we all like and Thursday I finished "Holly" Friday was a bit of a blah day, It was so hot here, even with the fan on I didn't feel like stitching so I laid on the couch and had a long nap.

So yesterday I did manage to get some stitching in

"Sweet Selina" Saturday 11th Feb
The heart is nearly done, and there is only a few strawberries to go! So hopefully this week that bottom corner will be done in time for Next Weekends "IHSW" which is great because I'm having a "Sawathon" with a friend from work, all 7 "Saw" Movies back to back!

I hope you all had a great Stitching week! And don't forget to sign up for "IHSW" when the sign up goes up this week!

Happy Stitching All!

12 comments:

The Crafty Pixie said...

The pixies look GORGEOUS!!! Your work is astounding! Selina is looking amazing, too. I can't wait to see her face done! Wonderful!!! ^_^

Kruissteekies said...

stunning work

demeter83 said...

They both look gorgeous, I'm loving teh growing collection of pixies.

Thoeria said...

The pixies look gorgeous next to each other! Ummmm......all SAW movies back to back??? I haven't even made it through one so good luck!

Irishenchantment said...

great work :D

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D Is Holly even? Something does look a bit odd but what exactly... They do look gorgeous next to each other though.

Pull the other thread said...

Such beautiful stitching, well done. Holly looks amazing and your progress on Seina is fabulous. Love seeing your updates.

Sally said...

Love your finished Holly. The pixies look lovely together.

Agata said...

Holly is so graceful, just love her!

Joysze said...

Woot, woot!!! Another great Holly finish. :D I love how the green turned out and I see what you mean about the dimensions of the mounting. I do think it looks good though. I've been itching to stitch another pixie too... Fern and Ivy are looking lonely, hehe.

Indian food... Yummm!!!!!

Selina looks great, as usual. Love her face.

Maureen said...

Oh those pixies look fab! and can't wait to see a bit more of Sweet Selina (but you can keep the Sawathon lol! - managed the first one, that'll do for me..)

Stitching Noni said...

Holly looks fantastic! Well done on getting her finished again ;0) Both pixies look so gorgeous together - can't wait to see which one is next.
Selina is so sweet - stitching her watching back to back Lewis - yes! But back to back Saw movies.... Ummm maybe not!
Look forward to the next update!