Monday, February 6, 2012

A Long Weekend Stitching..............

I may have mentioned before that I was having a relaxing long birthday weekend!

Well I have done just that!

The fatherest I have moved from my couch is to hang the washing out in the front garden and down to the letterbox to get the mail and I have loved every minute of it!

So what have I been doing for the last 3 days..........well the original plan was to work on and finish "Rose Fairy" however that went by the wayside, after I read a post on someones blog about feeling like they always started something and never seemed to finish anything.......I took it on board, and I did a count of projects I have started and well lets just say they have gone by the wayside......So I did a re-think and I have picked up a project that I have always loved and am going to finish it in the next 2 weeks unless anything horrendous happens!

"Sweet Selina"

Now before you all start to comment on how fast I stitch remember that, that's all I have pretty much done for the last 3 days!

So before -

"Sweet Selina"Before
"Sweet Selina" after first big block
"Sweet Selina" After second block
"Sweet Selina" 3rd block 4th Feb
"Sweet Selina" after 4th block 5th Feb
So as you can see I have made a pretty good dent in this, and its starting to look really good, so today's plan is to get the Heart and Strawberries done, well as much as I can. And yes I am leaving the face till the very end, I hope that my big hoop is large enough to get around all the 754 I need to do!

Also it depends what the birthday fairy has in store, which I hope is not much, Its just another day, and for some reason I seem to always be down for it anyways!

Hope you all have had a great weekend!

Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

Kruissteekies said...

wow, I love your stitches

demeter83 said...

Okay, so I'm not allowed to comment on how quick you've been. Am I allowed to say 'Wow, you've done loads' instead? She's looking absolutely gorgeous. I'm starting to fall completely in love with Hannah Lynn's designs, I like the idea of doing the black then colouring her in.
I'm planning on holing up and stitching on Thursday this week, can't wait!

Pull the other thread said...

Wow, she is looking so beautiful. I'm so jealous, I wish I had more time for stitching. I must admit I'm the same for starting and not finishing projects. I have set myself some cross stitching goals for myself this year so hopefully that will work. Well done again on your wonderful stitching.

Wagapapa said...

Wow, I love Sweet Selina! You are doing a great work :D

Can't wait to see her finished!

Have a good day. xoxo

Kate said...

That looks so beautiful!!! You did get lots done, kudos to you :)

Jennifer M. said...

Gorgeous stitching! She looks like a watercolor painting. Sounds you like you had quite a restful weekend. Good for you! :)

Jen

weustygirl said...

Love it love it love it. What a perfect way to soend the weekend :) Thanks so much for posting the progess step by step so I can see just how fast she is growing. Happy birthday, I hope today is just as relaxing as the rest of the week has been

Cat said...

Very very beautiful!! Love Sweet Selina as well, such wonderful colours.

Gizzimomo said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Don't you just hate it when people ask how you stitch so fast when it's not the case. Well I hate it anyway as I don't stitch fast but just have nothing else to do all day apart from stitch so the amount I stitch gives the illusion of speed! Anyway..... Selina looks stunning! Can't wait to see her all finished and good luck!!

Joysze said...

Whooot whooooot!!! Would you just look at her. She looks FABULOUS!! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday weekend and deservedly so. :D

nikkin said...

Happy belated and glad you had a great b-day! Love the progress on Sweet Selina!

/hugs,
Nikki

Blu said...

Sounds like and awesome weekend! Happy belated birthday~

Selina looks absolutely gorgeous! Her eyes are just incredible.

The Crafty Pixie said...

AMAZING! ^_^

The Crafty Princess said...

Happy Birthday! What a great birthday so many days of stitching. Bliss bomb! She's amazing, beautiful work.
xo

Mangogirl said...

great progress :D sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!