Saturday, March 31, 2012

Again A Long Overdue Post! Be Prepared its gunna be huge! LOL!

So this post was meant to be done on Monday night, But My housemate and I had a bit of a to-do, and things were a bit tense and I couldn't concentrate because I was Angry, then Life kinda got in the way........Stocktake got in the way and then the week was over and the weekend was upon me again!

I do have a finish to show you though..... I put the last backstitches in Michael Powell's - "Mini Greek Island"

Although and I have said this before, Its not the kind of thing I would normally pick up to stitch, But I did and I loved every moment! So I guess it just goes to show you should try something new...........

"Greek Island" Before
Mini "Greek Island" Finished Friday 30th March 2012
I have looked at more charts by him, but I can only seem to find Kits, which I am not a fan of, although its not like I need anything else to stitch......

Which brings me to my next Point, I have worked myself out a rotation of projects, I'm not sure why it happened but it did........So In my grand plan I have a 4 week rotation and a weekend project. So that means every week a new project. So Last week as busy as it was, In my grand Plan I was going to work on "Father Christmas" by Joan Elliott. However, because the week turned out how it did my progress was small...........

So this was before......

"Father Christmas" 25th March
And this is where I finished of on Thursday night

"Father Chrsitmas" 29th March
So because I finished "Greek Island" My New Weekend Project is a piece I have been commissoned to stitch for a friends granddaughter.

So I am Re-stitching (that's right another re-stitch) Joan Elliot's "Summer Fairy" from Cross Stitch Collection. We picked out a nice hand dyed fabric from 123 Stitch Its a Picture this Plus Fabric called "Ariel" Is a very pale blue, which is not going to photograph that well, But if you Imagine a skein of 3325 but lighter, then you can see what colour it is.

"Summer Fairy" 30th March
"Summer Fairy" Fabric
My weekend project will come out on a Friday and Saturday. I need to have this finished by her birthday in September.

So far the "Rotation" Looks like this

Week 1 - "Midsummer Fairy"
Week 2 - QS "Pearl"
Week 3 - "Father Christmas"

And Week 4 -

"Earth Goddess" Joan Elliott
Another JE Design, Crazy I think so...............I have really like this from the moment she came out, and she has been kitted up for a long time now, so last night while I was catching up on "Home and Away" I wound the bobbins, so she is ready to start on Sunday Night which is the first night of my week.

Whew I hope you guys are still with me, I'm Nearly done though, can you hold on for a few more minutes...........

So I have been Nominated for the "Liebster Blog Award" which I am thrilled to receive,

Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by blogger's to other new blogger's who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you

So a big thanks to Louanne and Nicola for their kind nomination, although I cant technically accept it, I would however invite you to look at my reading list, for all the wonderful stitcher's I follow please take the time to look at their beautiful stitching.

I will however share with you 5 random facts about myself

1 - I am an Assistant Manager In a Bookstore
2 - I seem to have amassed a huge collection of books
3 - PDA creeps me out
4 - I love Horror Movies and Disaster Movies from the 1970's
5 - My all time favorite TV Show is "ER"

So I think that might be all, I'm sure I have forgotten something, but I would like to say a Huge Welcome to my New Followers and I hope you all enjoy your ride, but keep your arms inside the moving car at all times!

Hope you all have wonderful Weekend!

Happy Stitching!

Edited to add -

Thats right I had to Update you all on "Pearl" As well -

QS"Pearl" After her week in rotation!
Right thats it this time, I'm Off!

12 comments:

dulcinella said...

wow! you sure got some stitching to show! earth goddess looks stunning and I think that seeing her stitched in reality will blow people off their socks (hope that is the right expression). As to Michael Powell, I love his designs and I think quite a few of them where published in the world of cross stitching. Maybe you can search there?
I'll sure be jumping in to see more of your cross stitching!

Crafts4others said...

I can't believe how many projects your working on at once. I have only worked on one project at a time, as I fear that otherwise I will never finish a project. Although I can't wait to start working on my first HAED design. I think that will be the one exception where I work on more than one project at a time. love the father christmas and earth goddess.

Susan said...

Very nice finish. I really like the quirkiness of Michael Powell's patterns. Love all the projects in your rotation. One day I am going to have to add a Joan Elliott to my stash

Rhona said...

OMG, I'd panic at having that many designs on the go - but it works for you! Love the Michael Powell finish, such bright cheerful colours. Great stitching!

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely progress on your projects and the one you finish looks great. I like how you are rotating a project a week instead of every day like some do. I think rotating every day is a bit much.

Congrats on the award. I'm jealous you work at a bookstore! I have an e-reader, but somehow I keep finding myself buying actual books.

Jen

Miamina said...

A new follower here, directed from nicola's Liebster award post.

Can I just say.....WOW! Your stitching is so beautiful and I adore everything you've stitched and are stitching.

Isn't it great when you try something a little different and find out you love it, it's a bit like discovering a new author.

Congrats on the award and I'm looking forward to seeing your current WIP's progress.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, lol, we would get along well. I have lots of older horror flicks, and I love disaster movies too. My friends think I have horrifically bad taste, lol. Love all your stitching, and the blue fabby is really pretty. Hope to see more progress piccys soon. BTW, I could never, EVER work in a bookstore. I'd get fired for reading on the job for sure. Same goes for the library.

demeter83 said...

So many pretties... and your idea of not much progress is very different to mine, even when you say that you seem to have done loads.
I'm a book collector as well, they're taking over the flat!

Mangogirl said...

Lovely finish :D

weustygirl said...

Fantastic update buddy, so glad to see all the work you have been up to. I must say I love the colours in pearl, cant wait to see it finished. As for Earth Goddess, she is gorgeous and is on my to do list, I even have her all kitted up. Keep up the fantastic work and wonderful updates.

Joysze said...

Congrats on the finish!!!! It's so cute.

Sorry you guys had a tiff... hope everything's all better now.

WIPs look great... I'm giddy just thinking about the upcoming pics. ;)

Thoeria said...

That is some lovely stitching there! Oh and I have to say that I think Earth Goddess is the best one yet! Can't wait for you to start posting pics of your progress! Congrats on the award! And what's a PDA??