Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Finish, and Some Stash ...........Ok Lots of Stash!

The weekend has come and gone again, the weather was rubbish, we had a weather bomb hit the North Island yesterday, although it was not as nasty as first thought which is great,  there was still some damage done elsewhere in the Island.!

Because it was not nice means I don't feel guilty about stitching lots! And I did, I even have a finish!

So Friday "Rose Fairy" was getting pretty close

"Rose Fairy" Friday 2nd March
This was all the backstitch done, Including the left wing, which I did after the photo was taken, I have to say I was always "Backstitch last" but doing it as I went on this project may have converted me, to a "Do it as I go"

So Saturday I put on some "Lewis" which I am loving and Finished "Rose"

"Rose Fairy" Saturday 3rd March Before Beads
"Rose Fairy" Finished Saturday 3rd March


She has just had a quick press, and that's about it, she will have a wash next weekend. Overall I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

I also need to share with you some stash that I brought, in the last HEAD Sales, so the First ones are from the 35% off Valentines Day Sale!

Mini "Village Bookstore" Spangler
Mini "Snow White and Alice" JBG
Mini "Nelli" Hannah Disney
I love the Spangler, and also "Nelli" will be amazing as all the white in her hair is metallic's!

So when they had the Leap Year Day Sale, How can you resist 50% Off! So the "Gardener" said " 3 charts and that's all" So I was good and brought -

Mini "Citrine" Anderson
Mini "Home is where the Magic is" Spangler
And my Favorite Chart of the Bunch

QS "Pearl" Rachel Anderson
I think that "Pearl" will be my next start, after another couple of finishes!

I also need to share with you a funny pic that I took yesterday as the "Gardener" and the Dog had their afternoon nap, I had just finished taking a photo of "Rose" and walked back through the bedroom and was confronted with this -

"Silly Dog"
I also wanted to Thank you all for your supportive comments about giving up smoking, I still miss it like crazy, and I'm still smoke free, the craving's are less now, it just breaking the habit!

Hope you have all had a Wonderful Stitchy Weekend!

Until next time

Happy Stitching all!

25 comments:

Heli said...

Congrats on the finish, she's gorgeous!

demeter83 said...

She looks brilliant, congrats on a gorgeous finish.
Loving the new stash, I was bad and bought loads as well. Can't wait to see what you start next.

Thoeria said...

Rose looks gorgeous! What a stunning finish. I must admit to being led down the path of temptation with the 50% sale :)Looking forward to your next project

Nicola said...

I could be really tempted by 'Pearl'.....

Jennifer M. said...

Rose turned out beautiful. Great Job! Looks like you have enough charts to keep you busy for two years! LOL

Enjoy!

Jen

weustygirl said...

Hehehe, I must admit I laughed out loud when I saw the photo of your dog, so incredibly cute, how can you not love that face!!!

Ah, Spangler, Love his work. So glad you splurged in the 50% off sale, I only bought 2 but also got some stuff from 123 stitch this week so was a bit naughty with the spending.

Rose looks fantastic, I love the comparison of the photo before beads and then the photo after beads, it really shows what a difference they can make, they really make the design pop.

Cant wait to see your next start, so many to choose from :)

Jules said...

Beautiful finish! The beadwork definitely makes it pop more. And your dog is adorable!!!

Michele said...

OMG!!! What a beautiful finish!!! and stash...WoW...very nice. A cute baby, silly puppy. LOL And keep up on breaking the habit.

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, Rose looks fantastic! Well done on a great new finish :o)

What a cute doggie you have! And I love your new charts, especially all the Spangler ones - I adore the Spangler designs. Can't wait till you start stitching them :o)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com.au/

Rachel said...

Rose Fairy looks amazing! Congrats on the gorgeous finish.

Nice haul on the HAEDs! I like them all. :) Also, congrats on quitting smoking, I know how hard it can be, and am very proud of you. :)

Kate said...

You always have such wonderful finishes! Rose is beautiful!! Lol, gotta love new stash, awesome choices there!

Pull the other thread said...

Congratz on your finish, she looks great. I am a backstitch when I'm finished person also but I may try it as I go.

Dana said...

Great stitching!! love your projects. I too splurged on the HAED sale. Bought 7, have never really done them before so I have my work cut out for me!!

Great doggie pic. My cat does the same thing!!

Blu said...

Congratulations on finishing Rose Fairy! She looks spectacular!

Irishenchantment said...

wow what an amazing finish i love it!

Joysze said...

Rose looks fantastic!!!! Congrats on the finish, and of COURSE you had to reward yourself with all that stash. ;)

ROFLMAO at the doggy.... he's adorable and he knows it!

Veronica said...

Rose is stunning! She has such a sweet face. Congratulations on the finish.

Hugs,
Veronica.

The Crafty Princess said...

Ha ha love your dog pic ~ too cute!
Wow who was naughty in the recent sale??? Great choices by the way. I managed to limit my purchases to 2 but I did receive a mini as a gift. I can't wait to see how the Spangler mini's turn out, as I've always loved the full version of the Spangler "Home" you bought.

Congrats on another finish she's gorgeous. Nice work stunner!
Alicia xo

milly said...

hello

Congratulations on your finish - she's beautiful.

Lovely new stash too. Enjoy!

Carrie said...

She is so beautiful!!

ricketyjo said...

Rose Fairy looks so pretty! And I love all the stash you've purchased, I look forward to seeing your work on them :)

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous finish :D and cool stash!

The Maiden said...

Congratulations on your finish, so beautiful! I am excited your HAED stash has grown as well, you are so fast I am sure updates are soon to follow.

saramborduur said...

zeer mooi, prachtig

megan_bright said...

I love the rose fairy!!!! I just started mini Alice and snow white, and I'd love to see someone else do it as well!