Sunday, March 18, 2012

IHSW! A Finish, A New Start, Progress and Some Shredding!

So I have had a rubbish week!

My Cluster headaches have played up something shocking, so I basically spent 3 days in bed, which is not cool! So the doctor has upped the meds and they seem to have settled down some.

So this week has been a little slow.

I do however have a finish to show you!

"Morning Glory" from the Pixie Couture Collection.

This was such a joy to stitch, it was also my first time working with "petite" beads and I really liked them!

"Morning Glory" Before
"Morning Glory" 11th March Before Beads
"Morning Glory" 13th March Finished
"Morning Glory" Up close
I also mounted her yesterday, and on Friday I also re-mounted "Holly" because I always felt she looked a little odd on her canvas, and that's because it was the wrong size and she was out by an Inch! So that Is now fixed.

"Morning Glory" Mounted and Complete
Nora Corbett's Pixie Couture Collection
Now I just need to find homes for them!

So for IHSW I made a new start, its also something completely different than what I would normally do.

Its from a old issue of CrossStitcher and its a design by Michael Powell, Its called "Greek Island"

"Greek Island" Michael Powell
So its something completely different right!

This is what I had done before dinner last night.

"Greek Island"
I'm actually really liking this design, It has 12 colour blends, I also really love the chunky 2 stranded backstitch. I am doing it on my fabric of choice 18ct 2 over 1.

I also finished the bottom of "Midsummer Nights" Dress, now I had not worked on this since Mum passed, I would really like this to be a finish sometime soon.

"Midsummer" before
"Midsummer" After
Whew this is turning into a long winded post, sorry about that, but we are nearly there.........OK

After this Post about copyright and working copies, I went through my folder and had a shredding session it was a heap of fun.

And I was able to fit more stuff into my folder which is good all round don't you think.

I think that will just about do it for now!

A big welcome to my New Followers! I hope you enjoy your ride! I wont be so long in posting, because this has been a mammoth post updating you'll on 2 weeks worth of stitching news!

Have a Fantastic Week!

Happy Stitching All!

25 comments:

Rhona said...

I can sympathise about the headaches...hope you're better!
What a difference the beads make on morning glory...she's fnatastic!The three Pixies look great together like that. Great progress on your other pieces too!

Heli said...

A beautiful finish, congrats! Corbetts and Mirabilias are something I would stitch if I just had a few more hours in my days. :) It's always wonderful to see close-ups of them finished.

Michele said...

Feel better soon. Headaches are no fun especially those that need special meds to help alleviate them. Your posts are not "long winded" I have enjoyed your post today, it was informative in letting us know what's on your mind and what you've done. Sometimes it's perfectly ok to say a lot. LOL BTW...BEAUTIFUL finishes. You've helped steer me towards Joan Elliot's work by seeing yours. Now to start my own collection. XP Again...feel better soon. hugs

weustygirl said...

See, now didnt I tell you, shreading is so theraputic, and leaves room for more stash!!! Your pixies look gorgeous together, lovely finish on the latest one, I love the beads. Your new project is certainly different to what you usually do but I really like it, looking forward to seeing the progress on it. Hope you feel better soon and that the headaches get under control.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely, lovely finishes. You stitch such lovely pieces.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely, lovely finishes. You stitch such lovely pieces.

ricketyjo said...

Congratulations on your finish, all 3 pieces look beautiful :)
I really like the Greek picture, it's nice to work on something different I think, I'm sure it'll look great!

demeter83 said...

A www,so pretty, loving your progress on everything. I'm always so jealous of ow fast you seem to stitch.

Sandie said...

Loving the fairy finishes. You say they are on canvas - can you explain a bit more as it looks a good way of finishing without using a frame and mountboard? Looking forward to you Michael Powell start growing as I love his work, but have yet to attempt one!

Ma Teakettle said...

Oh wow! Your Morning Glory finish is amazing, I am just in love, and look at that beading!
Your Couture Collection is wonderful, and I love all of their mountings, they flow perfect together.
Now, my question is why do they need a home, when they look gorgeous where they are? Just sayin' :)
I love your progress and it looks like you are having a very productive IHSW, enjoy!
Hugs
Ma

Rachel said...

Morning Glory looks gorgeous! As does your entire Pixie Collection! :)

Your Greek Island looks really interesting. I look forward to seeing your progress on that.

Midsummer Nights Fairy is looking good! :)

Susan said...

Do hope you are feeling better and that the new dosage keeps them away. Beautiful finishes. I really like how you finished your pixies. Love the Michael Powell design. I've looked at these through the years but never stitched one.

milly said...

Hello

Your Morning Glory finish is beautiful!

Your blog is filled with gorgeous stitching, it's a pleasure to look at.

Veronica said...

Morning Glory is gorgeous! Congratulations! I love the detailed pics showing off her beads.

Great progress on Greek Island. Midsummer Night is coming along beautifully too.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Pull the other thread said...

Another beautiful finish. Well done.

Bea said...

Morning Glory is a gorgeous finish and great progress on the other pieces. Obviously a good IHSW.

Joysze said...

Awww sorry to hear about your headaches. That sucks, but I'm glad the new meds have helped!!

CONGRATS on the Morning Glory finish!! She looks awesome against the blue mounting. Can't wait to see where you'll be displaying them.

New start looks great. it's not anything I'd think to stitch either, but it's soooo pretty!!! Middy is looking great too. I hope you'll finish her soon as well. :)

Always smiling said...

Sorry about your headaches, hope you feel loads better... beautiful stitching!

Chris

Anne said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish! I love the little pixies hanging out together!! Ooh Michael Powell!! I love his designs and you made some great progress on Greek Island!!

Nicola said...

Congrats! Beautiful work. I love it.

I have a second reason to be here though.. I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog award and I am passing it on to you. Details on my blog here http://stitch-nicola.blogspot.co.uk/

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous finish :D and I love your new start!

Maud said...

Hi,
I just started following your blog and I have to say I love your work! Lots of gorgeous finishes, and a great taste in charts :)
Your canvas finishing is such a good idea, I can't wait to read your tutorial!
Keep up the good work :D

Louanne said...

Your fairies are gorgeous!
I wanted you to know that I've been nominated for a Leibster Blog Award on my blog and want to pass this on to you in turn.

The details are on my blog at http://stitchingobsessions.blogspot.com/

The Crafty Princess said...

Saddened to read that you have been poorly but I hope you're feeling better by now!

Congrats on the finish they all look amazing. What a difference the beads make to a finished project. Beautiful work as always and they look so stunning together.

Feel good soon and have fun
Alicia xo

threadbear said...

Strictly cheating (as you have too many followers) lol but I couldn't not nominate you for a Liebster Award for your blog! You do some amazing work - truly an inspiration to us slower stitchers ;-)

Check out my blog for details!