Tuesday, April 24, 2012

IHSW April!

So I have just logged into blogger and what the.........its all changed!  LOL!

Welcome to all my new followers I hope you enjoy your ride!

Thanks to all of you for the kind wishes on the removal of my Wisdom Teeth! I have to say that it was no where near as bad as I thought or lead to believe, and now that they are gone I feel 100% better! So the Gardener is convinced that It was the cause of all the headaches but I guess time will tell. I will say that I remember arriving at the dentist and the next thing I am at home on the couch watching TV! I Did however, (and please no Laughing), Pick up my Stitching and Did about 100 stitches before I thought It was a good Idea to Stop!

So after Working on "Midsummer" The Next project on the rotation is HAED "Pearl" and I think I have made a good dent in her I'm nearly up to 2 pages finished

HAED QS "Pearl" 19th April

So over IHSW I worked on my Weekend project which is "Summer Fairy"

JE "Summer Fairy" 21st April
This week we have JE "Santa" on the Hoop, I have to say I am a little bored with it, I'm not sure why, so I'm thinking I will see the week out then I might retire the Design for a bit and either Start something new or add both HAED's that I talked about in my last post.

Joan Elliott has announced the 3rd Fairy in the Garden Series, Which is a "Butterfly Fairy" and its AMAZING!

JE "Butterfly Fairy"
So its out in Issue 210 of Cross Stitch Collection Unfortunately I will have to wait for it to arrive here in NZ!

I would also like to share with you the Birthday Cake I made for a work friend for today!

Cake!
So apart from spending a few days swollen and sore I'm pretty much back to normal!

I hope you all had a fantastic IHSW, I'm now off to stalk your Progress!

Have a Fantastic Week all!

Happy Stitching!

For my Readers in NZ and Australia I hope you all have a Pleasant and thoughtful ANZAC Day!

"Least we Forget"

18 comments:

Michelle said...

When they removed my wishdome Teeth ( 2 of them) My face was swollen and had pain for about 3 weeks. It Wasn't funny, now i'm glad i got rid of them.. Your stitching looks beautiful!

Stitching Noni said...

Good to hear you are on the mend after your dental ordeal! Lovely stitching as always. Can't wait to get the mag either ;0) another JE design to add to the collection!

Thoeria said...

Glad to hear that "operation wisdom" went well and that you're up and running again. Stitching is gorgeous as always...and ...oh wow....oh wow!!! And oh YUMMY! That is so decadent looking that my teeth are aching :)

MoonBeam said...

Your stitching is amazing, as always. I hope the 100 post surgery stitches didn't mess anything up!

That cake! What a candy coated beauty. Yum.

Bobbi

Gizzimomo said...

Beautiful work, loving Pearl as those wings are crazy amazing!!

Donna said...

OMG!!!! That cake looks amazing!!!!! Your work is looking lovely, you've may great progress!

Donna

Miamina said...

Glad to hear your wisdom teeth extraction went well and you have recovered.

Your stitching is beautiful (as always) and I love the way that QS Pearl is coming along.

That cake is to die for!

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG and he makes yummy cakes too!!! You have unlimited creativity my friend. Glad your wisdom teeth ordeal is over and I have to agree with your gardener it was possibly the source of your migraines. So hopefully you won't have any more of those suckers to deal with.

Fantastic progress on Pearl - looks great. Summer fairy is a beauty too!

Anne said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better from getting your wisdom teeth pulled. I remember when mine were taken out at age 20. Wasn't pleasant!! Loads of great progress on your lovely WIP's!!That birthday cake looks amazing! Are those kit kat bars on the side?

mytimestitching said...

Summer Fairy and Pearl are coming along beautifully! That cake looks so awesome. I had to pin it to make for the future. Thanks!

Ginny

Joysze said...

Oh, you were a brave one!!! I hope you used the correct color in those 10 stitches.... LOL!!!! Great IHSW stitching you have there. Love the pinks in "Pearl."

The cake looks scrumptious. :D

Bea said...

I really like all the projects you're working on and you made great progress this weekend. You were brave to stitch right after surgery.

That cake looks incredible!

demeter83 said...

I don't even know which bit to comment on first. You're flying through Pearl, and Summer Fairy looks gorgeous as well... but now that I've used gorgeous to describe that I don't know what word to use to describe the amazing looking cake!

sharine said...

Your wips are gorgeous and the cake looked very yummy.

Claudette497 said...

Are those kitkats on the border? That's a great looking cake! Your stitching looks lovely too, btw.

Pam said...

Although I was terribly distracted by your yummy looking cake, I'm in awe of your stitching especially Pearl. Someday I'll tackle a HAED. I'll check back to see if your tooth extractions have remedied your headache problem. Interesting...

Susan said...

Glad you had a good experience with your wisdom teeth extraction. Your stitching, as usual, is beautiful and OMG that cake looks amazing!

Mangogirl said...

beautiful stitching. I love that butterfly fairy as well so stunning!

Glad your teeth are out cleanly. I know I was begging for the operation as I was in so much pain before.