Sunday, May 6, 2012

"Earth" Update and a Finish!

Good Morning all!

That's right you read right a Finish is what I have to share!

Firstly, "Earth Goddess" was up in the rotation this week and I managed to get the left hand side of her skirt done.

I absolutely love the colours in this!

"Earth Goddess" Before
"Earth Goddess" After 3rd May 2012
You may notice that in my "Things on the Go" section to your right over there, I have dropped having a Weekend project, But have moved "Summer" into a weekly spot. Reason being, I need to get a couple of projects finished as I have some exciting things that I am just currently gathering stash for! Which means I'm not quite ready to announce what they are, but stay tuned!

Speaking of a Rotation, I 'm likeing a weekly one. Each project so far has been around the block twice now, and you can definitely see the progress in each project after the week has finished. I also mentioned about dropping having a weekend project, because I normally get more stitched during the weekend than during the week. So this way each project will have a weekend day to get worked on!

Enough chatter onto my Finish!

I decided because I was really close to finishing "Midsummer Nights Fairy" that I would spend the last couple of days beading! And bead I did!

"Midsummer" Before
"Midsummer Nights Fairy" Finished 5th May 2012
"Midsummer" Face Up Close
She looks great yeah??

However if I was to ever stitch this again for myself, things I would change would be to fix the wings, ie change the colour so that's its not 1 strand of blending filament and 1 strand of fine braid, I would also switch out most of the seed beads in her wings to petite beads, only because the wings are so densely beaded and things were getting a bit squished back there! And I would go for a darker fabric as well!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Happy Stitching all!

18 comments:

Heli said...

Congrats on the finish, she's gorgeous! And nice to see more progress on the Earth Goddess, I too love the colours on her, so deliciously earthy and autumnal! JE's fairies and goddesses have tempted me for a while already, I think I might have to kit one up, to be started as soon as I can find the time for a new project.

Looking forward to hearing more about your new stitchy plans!

T.J. said...

She is amazing and hopefully I will be stitching her too one of these days.

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful finish on Midsummer Night's Fairy. I have only stitched part of her in a round robin.
Nice progress on Earth Goddess.
I like the idea of a weekly rotation. So far, I have failed miserably at every rotation I have tried but might give this one a try.

Michele said...

Gorgeous Finish! The Autumn piece is coming along wonderfully too...as usual. XD

Miamina said...

Great progress!

Well done on the completed Midsummer Night's Fairy!

Gizzimomo said...

Congratulations on the finish.... she's beautiful!

mytimestitching said...

Great progress on Earth Goddess. Congrats on your Midsummer finish. She looks absolutely beautiful. I love her coloring and I think she looks fabulous on the lighter fabric. You did a great job.

mother.maiden.crone said...

Your fairy is stunning and your niece (if I remember correctly) is going to love it! congratulations on a finish, I am very greatful for your tips, for this one is in my start pile...

demeter83 said...

So many gorgeous things, and now I'm so curious about what these bew projects could be, come on, just a clue!

Susan said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. The colors in "Earth Goddess" are perfect. Looking forward to seeing what projects you're stashig for.

Stitching Noni said...

Midsummer is beautiful. Well done on a gorgeous finish. JE's earth goddess looks lovely - the colours really are vibrant. Can't wait to see your next update on her ;0)

Annie said...

I've been reading (ok, stalking;) your blog for awhile but have never commented. I'm also really into the JE and Mirabilia designs, and your Midsummer Fairy is so gorgeous I just had to go to Ebay and order the chart for myself!
While I'm here I'll share my thoughts on stitching Santa now. I love to stitch Christmas things in the summer so that when the Holidays roll around it's ready and there's no mad scramble to finish and get framed with all the other Holiday stress going on.
Thanks for the great blog!

Carla said...

love your stitching!
Congras on finishing Midsummer Night Fairy, love all the bling on her :)

ricketyjo said...

Stunning work as always, congratulations on the finish, it looks wonderful.

Thoeria said...

Midsummer is truely stunning! You've done a really great job with her. I'm sure I must have mentioned before that the earth goddess is my favourite in the series, right? Great progress on her :)

Anne said...

Congrats on finishing Midsummer! She's a pretty one!! Lovely progress on Earth Goddess too!!

Mangogirl said...

grgeous stitching :D and congrats on the finish!

Joysze said...

Whoot!! She's stunning!! :D I've been looking for a fabbie to stitch her for ages, but no luck yet. Good to know about the wings. Will have to keep that in mind if I ever stitch her.

LOVE those beads for her sleeves!!! :D