Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer and a New Start!

How was every one's week??

Mine Chaos! Our Processor at work was away, Which means, I have to do her job, as well as mine! Considering it was the beginning of the month and all of my orders were arriving! So my week went really fast, and let me say I was pleased when the weekend rolled around! Doing 2 people's jobs is not fun esp when there is still 8 hrs in the day, although I am pleased that my boss is the kind that says its OK because there is another 8hrs tomorrow, so there is no pressure!

So stitching this week was kinda off! So because I put Summer into a weekly spot I was supposed to spend all week on her but she got 3 days! Because Wednesday night no stitching was done, and Thursday night I made a new start!

So this was summer before

"Summer" Before
"Summer" 8th May 2012
So the top 2 pages are all done! With a little more backstitching to go!

So onto my new start, So this is not something that I would normally do, although it is a fairy mind you. Whenever I have seen these Fairies in the past I have never been drawn to them, but for some reason I was.

The Fairy is from Issue 187 of "The World Of Cross Stitching" and its the "Harebell Fairy" from Cicely Mary Baker and the Flower Fairies range by DMC.

"WOXS" Issue 187
"Harebell Fairy"
Now I'm not sure why, but for some reason I really like her! I am going to make a change though and stitch her wing with blending filament so her wings will sparkle!

Here is my progress after 1 day

"Harebell Fairy" after 1 day
The background is worked mostly in 2 strand of half stitch, so that should go pretty quick!

I have also had some thoughts about rotation, I'm not liking it, having to stick to a certain schedule, so I think it might be dropped, as long as I don't make any new starts after this right??



Here is a small hint at what I'm stashing for!

Can you guess what it is??

Hope you all have a Great Week!

Happy Stitching All!

13 comments:

Susan said...

You are fortunate to have the boss you do, I have a "if you can't do it all in 24-hours a day, work nights" boss. Beautiful stitching! I am amazed at how quickly you stitch. You could do a screaming rotation instead of a set time one. It's pretty easy, work on a project until one screams louder.

Cat said...

I'm guessing you're stashing for the Mini Aquamarine?? ;)

Annie said...

You and I have such similar taste! I recently finished JE's Autumn Fairy and am going to start Summer this week. I have never done a Cicely Mary Barker Child Fairy, but have been collecting them on Ebay. Every now and then one will show up in one of the cross stitch mags which is a bonus! I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this one. One of these days I'm going to start one of hers. Happy stitching!

Margot said...

How do you do it? I would love to stitch the Summer Fairy but I wouldn't know how to start on it.
I love your stitching!

demeter83 said...

Once again, amazing stitching, even for a quiet (Stitchingwise) week, you've got loads done!

mdgtjulie said...

Um, I have no guess, lol. I love your summer fairy, and the colors in her are absolutely gorgeous!!! And wow, if that is one day's progress, no wonder you get lots done. I don't think I get that much done in a day!! Grats on the progress and the new start. As for the rotation, if you don't feel it's working for you, then drop it or change it. It's all about you. You don't have to please anyone but yourself, so do what you like!!

Deb said...

Beautiful work and great progress, I just starting out with a large cross stitch pattern a Joan Elliot Celtic Wheel, with 3 of the Elemental Goddesses waiting in the wings. I would venture a guess that you are stashing for the JE Water Goddess

Thoeria said...

Lovely work as always :) Your new start sure has come along for just one day! I have no idea what you're stashing for! Do tell!

Milly said...

Hi
Your stitching is looking beautiful.
I have that fairy design in my to do pile.

weustygirl said...

Well done for half a week of stitching, you have done heaps. Just drop the rotation if you are not happy with it and stitch what you want when you want, I think you will find that you will enjoy your projects more if you do this as you wont feel "forced" to work on a design simply because it is the week for it. The new start is lovely.......what is your other one though that you are stashing for, I have no idea!!!

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :)

Tracy J said...

I'm getting a huge kick seeing the guesses for your upcoming project since I know what it is...I can't wait to see it coming along.

Anne said...

Summer is so pretty!!! Ooh Cecily Baker's fairies! I love her so much!! Harebell is a lovely one!!