Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another Long Overdue Post! Lots of News!

Sorry I have been missing in Action!

Thanks for the kind comments about the new look of my blog! i do like how it looks and I will be tweaking it still.

I will do my stitching news first then, some kinda big news!

OK so I have finished "Earth Goddess" and she turned out a treat.


"Earth Goddess" Completed June 1st 2012
"Earth" Up close
I'm so pleased that she is finished, now only 1 goddess to go and then the set is done.

I spent a couple of days working on "Harebell" but not much time as something happened that changed my stitching plans.


"Harebell" before
"Harebell" After
After my news I needed to pick up and work on till completion "Summer Fairy"


"Summer Fairy" Before
"Summer Fairy" 15th June 2012
So Hopefully this week, she will be just about done. I need to finish her asap.

I have also been doing some baking, My sister had a charity function and needed lots of mini cupcakes. Request granted


Mini Cupcakes
Mini Cupcake Helper
Then we had a 21st at work.


21st Cake
Cake top! yes that's crunchie bars and maltizers! Yum Yum!
So now that that's all done I have some News!

"The Gardener" and I are moving back to Christchurch! Its been on the cards for awhile but in the last week things have really moved fast. I put my CV out there and within 48hrs had a phone interview and then a Job offer! So we made some decisions and decided I will be moving in 7 weeks back home and then when "The Gardener" has finished and qualified as a landscape designer then they will move then, so we will be apart for around 12 weeks but that's OK. We also have been saving hard for a house and with me going back to dad's for awhile our saving should grow lots. The job offer was amazing and the good thing is that its still in a book store! i know it may not sound exciting but it is to us.

So with that being said, If I am a little slack in my updating then that is why!

I hope you all have had a fantastic couple of weeks. Your Stitching looks wonderful, and I'm sorry i don't comment more, but you all do wonderful work. Oh and Yes I am still working on a couple of secret projects but will update you more soon!

Until then!

Happy Stitching all! 

22 comments:

Terri said...

Congratulations on the finish! She is gorgeous!

And congratulations on the new job and upcoming move! I hope it all works out well for you.

Keebles said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful Stitches. So pretty to see.
Congratulations to you on the new job and being able to move back to your home. I'm sure things will work out for you and "the Gardener" and you will have a wonderful new life where you want to be.

The Crafty Princess said...

Congrats on another stunning finish. Wonderful news about your new job. Sounds like everything is turning out rainbows for you, so awesome to hear. Exciting times.

Alicia xo

P.S. Yum on your cakes.

Stitchesbyme said...

gorgeous stitches and yummie cakes

demeter83 said...

Well, that's a pretty good excuse for not updating as often, so we'll let you off!
Congrats on teh job offer, and the fact that you're moving back, it must all be very exciting.
Gorgeous stitching, as per usual!

Annie said...

Congratulations on the new job and the move! Your stitching is beautiful, as always, and your Earth Goddess is especially stunning!

Michelle said...

Such beautiful stitching - I love Summer Fairy! Congrats on the job offer and the move!

Those baked goodies look delicious - what an adorable little cupcake helper you have :)

Michelle said...

Congrats at the new job, and the moving, very exciting!
I love your projects. Flowers, nature and fairies are the best combinations :)

Thoeria said...

Oh gorgeous! Earth Goddess and Summer Fairy are stunning! Toss in those cakes and I am in heaven :) Well done on the new job and good luck with the move!

Michele said...

Sounds like you are very pleased with your moving. A Bookstore sounds like a lovely place to be! All that knowledge and reading at your fingertips...(swoon) My Hubby was over in Iraq for over a 14 months so 12 weeks is a blink...it will be over quickly. And another FABULOUS finish! Well done. Congratulations all round.

weustygirl said...

OOOHHH, back to the south island, how exciting. I am so happy for you, I love Christchurch. We will be there in October, might have to catch up. Hubby is a South Islander and wants to move back there as well sometime.
Your finishes are devine, looks like it has been a lovely stitchy couple of weeks for you.
Happy moving and all the best for the new job, I am sure the time on your own down there will fly by and the "gardener" will be there soon :)

Anne said...

Congrats on your EArth finish! She is pretty!! Love your WIP's too! I love that photo of the "mini cupcake helper"!! Happy to hear you are moving back to Christchurch and that you and the Gardener will be able to purchase a place!! Very exciting news!!

Carla said...

Congratulations on your new job!!!
Your stitching looks fantastic as always!
And those cupcakes and cake look YUMMY!

dulcinella said...

Great finish! She is absolutely stunning. New job is great news, and it seems things will work out really wel.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful work! Congrats on your finish!

Donna said...

That cake is just tooo delicious!!! I love the stitching too !! congrats on the job I hope it all works out for you

Donna

http://donnascrossstitch.blogspot.co.uk/

Claire said...

Well done on your finish.I made my daughter a gluten free chocolate cake for her Birthday and put crunchie bar on top.I will be putting a photo on my blog.
http://claire-stitchart.blogspot.co.uk/

Stitching Noni said...

Hi ya! Wow, your stitching is stunning as always :o) Earth Fairy looks amazing all beaded up. I love the new ones that you are working as well.
Don't those cakes look wonderful - I bet there was more than just the cupcake helper hanging around :o)
What wonderful news for you and the Gardener. It's wonderful to hear you are moving back home. Fantastic news on the job front too - brilliant! Good luck with the move :o)

Thank you also for stopping by a couple of weeks and sending such a lovely message when Daisy went to the Rainbow Bridge. :o)

Look forward to your next update!

Susan said...

Wonderful news on the new job! It is always nice to becloser to family - the long distance part isn't fun but as you said it's only 12 weeks.

Another beautiful finish. Cheering you on for a finish on Summer Fairy.

The cake and the cupcakes look delicious!

Mangogirl said...

great progress :) Hope the move goes smoothly :)

Joysze said...

CONGRATS on the move and the job!! :D How exciting!! I love change, and from the sound of it, this is going to be an awesome one for you guys. The 12 weeks will fly by. Are you going to look for a house right away and have things lined up for when the Gardener joins you? :)

Earth Goddess looks spectacular!!! Love, love, LOVE her!!

BTW, green is my favorite color too. :D