Friday, June 1, 2012

Earth, Some Stash, A Makeover and some Chart Reveiws

What do you think of my make-over?? I have not changed the design of or on my blog since I started nearly 2yrs ago and thought it was time for a re-vamp. I hope you like the lay out and the colours, I still went with green because that's a fav colour of mine.

I have quite a large post planned for today so buckle yourselves in, make a cuppa and enjoy.

We all like a little bit of cheap stash, so when you are browsing your local online auction site at midnight on a Friday and you come a across someone selling some $10 Mirabilia Charts how can you go past that..............

Mirabilia "Bliss Fairy"
Mirabilia "Petal Fairy"
Brand new and un-used not to bad for $10 ea. I'm thinking companion pieces. So they go in the Stash pile for a later date.

"Earth Goddess" is nearly there, I think If I get some good time on her today she might be done.

"Earth Goddess" 31st May
As you can see I'm down to backstitch and adding all the details, french knots etc

Now if you think the leafs in the round were a pain they were very easy and took 2 evenings to complete, and I think it really enhances the design.

"Earth" Up Close
I cant wait to add all the beads and get her Finished I have her frame ready to go as well.

So I thought to end today's post I would do a couple of chart reviews.

Now being in New Zealand, we actually don't get any Cross Stitch Magazine in the month they are released in the UK unless you have Subscriptions. I get mine from work because its cheaper and convenient for me.

So Yesterday Issue 251 of "Cross Stitcher" Arrived. Now I have not been a big fan of the Magazine since they changed the lay out and gave it a new look, However I also liked it enough to stick with it knowing that I would eventually warm to it and this month I personally think that It has been the best issue since their re-vamp.

Its called the "Colour Issue" and is jam packed with bright, cheerful and colourful charts.

I went through and Picked My Favorites and here they are

"Cross Stitcher Issue 251"
Firstly how great is the cover! The lime green is a favorite of mine, and I'm trying to convince "The Gardener" to let me have a wall or 2 in it! I'm not winning!

Next I picked a Chart by Emily Peacock Called "Happy Happy House" Its a inverted sampler and I think its great

"Happy Happy House By Emily Peacock"
I really loved this "Rico Design" called "The Fawn and the Ladybird" Its a birth sampler and is something quite special

"Fawn and the Ladybird By Rico Designs"
Up Next is a Chart Called "Roll Up, Roll Up" By Kerry Morgan Featuring 4 quick to stitch Circus Animals, that would look great together or on their own.

"Roll Up, Roll Up by Kerry Morgan"
Lastly there is 8 small cute rainbows and sun designs in the "Gift Ideas" section. Called "Stitched with Love"

"Stitched with love"
How cute are they?? The Magazine also has a great article about Blogging and a really easy to understand tutorial on Blackwork. So if you have this already have this Issue make sure you check out those charts.

Please let me know what you think of my new look I would love to hear what you think!

That's about it for now, Hope you all have a fantastic Weekend!

Happy Stitching All

13 comments:

Bianca said...

The new website layout looks great. As always I've enjoyed seeing your gorgeous fairies!

mdgtjulie said...

I'm disappointed that you got rid of the old header pic. I loved that pic!!! Otherwise, I like the new look. Green is a fave of mine too!! Earth looks great. Can't wait to see her all finished. And some of those charts are cute. Too small for me though. I'm a BAP kind of girl, lol. I love your two Miribilias though. You really can't pass that up!!

Jennifer M. said...

Love those fairy charts. Earth Goddess looks amazing. Can't say I've been a fan of Cross-Stitcher. Their charts are not my taste. I do like most of the charts in the other two Britain cross stitch mags...the two that have Joan Elliot designs mostly. :)

Jen

Zeb said...

So glad to see you posting! Earth looks lovely! And I'm with you on not liking the new look magazine. I only ever buy that mag these days if there is something interesting on the cover or the back... which there very rarely is anymore. NOT a fan of retro chic!

Cat said...

Beautiful work on Earth Goddess! Btw, when are we going to see the piece you've given us sneak peaks of? Can't wait ;)

demeter83 said...

The new design's looking very fresh and lovely! And Earth is looking gorgeous. She looks finished now, so can't wait to see when she's got her bit of bling!

I fell out with Cross Stitcher when they re-designed. I just couldn't warm to it and cancelled my subscription. I occasionally buy it if I see a chart I like though.

Sandie said...

Hi - as a British stitcher I am spoilt for choice in magazines, but I now only buy Cross Stitcher if i really want one of their charts. Saying that I found a couple of their older issues on a market stall recently and got them for £1 each! I like the layout, but I miss you fairy intro pic. How about changing it every time you have a new finish? Love seeing what you are working on.

Thoeria said...

Earth is looking really amazing...and you're right about the leaves adding wonderful detail to the overall design. We're also about 2 issues behind the UK with their magazines.

weustygirl said...

wow, you have made some changes to your page havent you. It looks good, although I do miss your green background and the Tatiana (I think that is her name) at the top. I will get use to it though....hehehe. Earth looks gorgeous, so close to finishing. I have never really got into Cross Stitching Magazine, I am a convert to Cross Stitch Collection and will get the occasional World of Cross Stitch if there is a nice pattern in it that I want. The ones you have picked out look lovely though.

Stitching Angel said...

Hi I like the new look, I have been looking at your blog for a few week's and I like that you do a lot of Joan Elliott, I'm new to blogger and would love to put you on my blog list if that is ok with you?

Brandon said...

Love the new look and like the green very much!! The progress of your Earth Goddess is beautiful. She is my favourite out of all the Goddess series which is unfortunate because I am an Air sign... whatev haha.

Kaisievic said...

Earth Goddess is looking awesome - such beautiful stitching. I like the clean lines of the new blog layout, too. Did it take you long to do? I think that my blog layout is a bit cluttered but then I keep finding widgets to add (sigh!).

hugs, Kaye

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Love the new look to your blog.Earth Goddess looks amazing.