Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Start, Some Stash and Summer

Welcome to my New Followers, and thank you to you all for your kind words at the news of the New Job and the Move!

The "Gardener" and I spent yesterday packing, before I had to go into work, We spent the day packing up the Library. Now 1 of the advantages of working where I do, is the advance copies of books, and the free stuff! The down side is Moving it all. However we are halfway there, and hopefully today it will be done.



I hope all my HAED friends who love to stash didn't miss out on the 1 day 50% off sale. I sure didn't although I only brought 3 charts. Also I can only show you 1 of them, as the other 2 are part of something secret, that will be revealed very soon.

"Gloaming" By Maxine Gadd
Now when I finally get around to this piece I will be cropping out the entire right hand side. Pretty much all of that is Black. Its not something I would normally do. But hey sometimes we are all drawn to things a little different.

The Next Piece I brought this week is another Mirabilia Chart.

"Christmas Flourishes" Nora Corbett MD 24
I really like this chart, and it might become my Christmas piece latter on in the year.

Speaking of Christmas, I have dropped "Santa" from my now de-funked rotation, however my new start this week, is actually a Christmas piece, but I'm liking this allot more. I'm not sure why but I am. It's Joan Elliott's "Winter Goddess" from Cross Stitch Collection December 2011

"Winter Goddess" Joan Elliott
 My Small start

"Winter" 21st June 2012
Onto Summer, I'm nearly there another couple of sessions and she should be done. All that is left is backing stitching and beading. Hopefully I will get some time today.


"Summer" Before
"Summer" After 19th June 2012

"Summer" detail
I think that's about it for this weeks news.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'm Off to pack some more!

Happy Stitching all!

10 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Good Luck on your move! I totally understand the headache of moving books. I have many and my boyfriend was cursing under his breath when he helped me move all of mine about 2 months ago! One of the reasons I bought an e-reader, but for some reason I still love real books. :D

Your stitching looks fabulous as always.

Jen

Bianca said...

The Gloaming chart is beautiful. I can't wait to see what is looks like as you start stitching it.

Thoeria said...

Oh moving is never easy....all that packing and then the unpacking..... good luck! Lovely stitching and new stash :)

demeter83 said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous, so many pretty things... I managed to resist the 50% sale, but only because I'd bought 2 charts in the 25% sale a week before.
Can't wait to see what the secret things are!

Gizzimomo said...

Great stitching Scotty, I love Gloaming too and rather strangely I was looking at the chart last week in my stash thinking about how if I ever get round to stitching it that I'd chop it in half.... ironic eh?

Michele said...

A suggestion for the black issue with "Gloaming"...why not stitch it on a black fabric and "fade" the background into the black.

Susan said...

I am still trying to recover from my last move and that was almost 5 years ago. It was sort of neat finding all the things I'd forgotten I had. Although not my usual, "Gloaming" is striking. Nice start on "Winter Goddess". "Summer" looks amazing.

Maureen said...

good luck with the move, exciting times! Love your choice of Christmas Flourishes, this was my first Mirabilia and I still hang it all year round..

weustygirl said...

Moving is not fun huh, one of my least favourite things to do. The only fun thing about it is finding all the stuff you thought you had lost :)
Your pieces look lovely, I managed to stay away from the HAED sale which was huge for me, but I have some Miras that I want to buy before I go stalking HAED again. Cant wait to see your other "surprise" pieces :)

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching! I know all about moving I am finally just getting settled!