Sunday, July 22, 2012

IHSW, A Finish and the End is nigh

Good Morning all.

I hope you have all had a fantastic IHSW and are busy hermiting away.

I am about to start my last week in my current job. I have mixed emotions going into this week. I have made some fabulous friends in my job and although I am going home to some great friends I will miss the friendships I have formed here. Like always the good things always outweigh the bad. However the upside is, "The Gardener" and I are about to start a whole new phase in our lives, that is exciting and that I am looking forward to. I just hope we can survive 12 weeks or so apart, the longest we have been separated for was a week when I went away to a conference considering we have been together 7 years I think that pretty good.

I also know that I am going home to a city that will never be the same again after the quakes, but I'm excited to apart of the re-building of the city that I love.

So what have I been up to in the last week or so, well I have been winding bobbins and getting ready for the "Jelina SAL" Details are in the top tab if you missed it!

Luckily this week I also got a voucher from out local big craft store a scratchy card with $10 off, and lucky for me my sister never uses hers so that means I had $20 and I had received some $$ for "Summer" So money in hand I was able to get some threads.

So after working out what I would need for "Aquamarine" and "Melita" I needed 50 threads so my floss box is now full to bursting

Floss Box "Aquamarine" and "Melita"
Also last week I worked on "Pearl" and "Aquamarine" rounded off by Finishing "Summer"

QS "Pearl" Before
QS "Pearl" After
Mini "Aquamarine" Before
Mini "Aquamarine" 21st July 2012
I'm pleased with how she is turning out. Also it was nice to work on her after such a long break.

I also finished my first commission piece last night which was Joan Elliott's "Summer Fairy" I had already stitched this for myself, but a lady whom I work with asked me to do one for her granddaughter Summer. How could I say no. I really like the process of doing something for someone else. I liked being able to advise on what colour fabric to use and we changed the beads as well. She turned out better than my one, so maybe one day in the future I will do her for a 3rd time for me.

OK so onto the pics.

"Summer" Before beads
"Summer" bottom half with beads
"Summer" top half with beads
"Summer" Completed 21st July 2012
I think she came out pretty good. I will add a better picture with daylight and once she has had a wash.

I don't know how much I will update in the next 2 weeks while I am in the middle of shifting and while we are on the move. But don't worry I will try to at least do something. Also don't forget the "Jelina SAL" Thea which will start on the 11th August!

I hope you all have a great week.

Happy hermitting and As always Happy Stitching!

PS I have updated my blog roll as well. I hope you take the time to visit.

29 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Beautiful stitching on all your projects. Good Luck on the moving. It will be over before you know it.

Jen

sharine said...

Great stitching. I can't wait for your SAL to start.

Emma said...

Good luck with the move - it will be so hectic you won't even have time to think about the 12 weeks apart! Me and the other half had to do about the same when he was away studying at university, just think about how good it will be after that time :)

Melinda said...

Summer is beautiful. Don't you just love a finish- it is such a rush.

Moving can be difficult, fingers crossed all goes well.

Arantxa said...

Beautiful work!!!

Margie said...

Hello :)

You have some very beautiful stitching! Looking forward to watching more of your progress on your current works.

Good luck with you move. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Good luck with the move. Gorgeous stitching with great progress on both of your beautiful projects. Summer Angel is lovely.

demeter83 said...

Hey chuck, hope your last week and then the move goes okay. Perhaps try and keep a portable project about for stress relief purposes.
Loving the progress on all stitching, I'm expecially loving the Anderson pieces, which I love anyway.

Annie said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your stitching is beautiful!
Your WIPs are looking very pretty.
Good luck with your move and last week at work.

weustygirl said...

Naw, it's the end of an era up there in the big smoke huh. I am sure this week is going to have lots of ups and downs for you.
Your summer looks devine, you have done such a beautiful job. Your friends grandaughter is going to love it.
All the best with the move, I will be thinking of you this week as I know it is going to be a hectic one for you. You are welcome to swing into my place for a quick hi on your way through Hamilton if you want, I am just off the main highway :) Looking forward to hearing that you are all settled back home

Agata said...

beads really make a difference, great job (like all what you stitch :) )

Michelle said...

I'll hope you enjoy your last week there and wish you all the luck with the moving. It sounds if you're really exciting, so that can't go wrong ;)
Lovely stitches as always!

Lija said...

Summer looks amazing!

RLee said...

I just found your blog and skipped back to the beginning. I must say it's some pretty impressive work in such a short amount of time. I did notice that you said you dont like to buy kits and get charts only instead. Can I ask why? I found it particularly expensive buying the threads separately. Also Im not clear on what 2 over 1 stitching is... Is it one strand in the first direction, then 2 the other way? And if so, how do you do small sections of stitches without going crazy changing thread numbers?

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think we always face change with some sort of trepidation its easy to go with status quo instead of throwing yourself out there and taking change head on!

You've made fantastic progress on your WIPs and congratulations on your stunning happy dance!!!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous finish!
Good luck with your move, hope it goes smootly :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Stunning finish! I love the bit when the floss box is full with all those gleaming threads ready to help create a masterpiece. The colours are so gorgeous. Good luck with all your upcoming projects, can't wait to see the Wips on your Jelina SAL!!

Bea said...

That is a fabulous finish - the impact of the beads is really striking! And good progress on the other 2 pieces.

Lady love 2012 said...

2 over 1 means he's stitching over one square with two threads.

Lady love 2012 said...

2 over 1 means he's stitching over one square with two threads.

Gizzimomo said...

Beautiful finish and great work on Pearl.... not long to go now!!!

Joysze said...

Changes are good. I like changes. You guys are going to have SO much fun there. :D

Being apart that long does suck. I hope time flies by quickly for you before you're back together again.

Travel safe, enjoy every moment.

Love the JE finish. Your friend's granddaughter will cherish something like that forever.

LLOOOOOOVE Envy. All that green... YUMMMMMMM! :D

Lust is looking gorgeous, as always.

Joysze said...

I should probably have said that I was looking at your 'Page of Shame' and thinking that Shame is not the word I'd use AT ALL!! :D

Claire said...

lovely finish.

The Maiden said...

Wow, what a sucessful hermit! Summer is stunning, I do love how she looks on that fabric. I am also excited to find someone who is stitching a mini, I have been very curious to see how they will turn out (so far the detail looks good).

Anne said...

Oh wow! You stitched like a fiend!! Great progress and congrats on finishing the Summer Fairy! As for being apart, it's so hard but time will fly by I'm sure of it!!

nikkin said...

All the best for your move, and congrats on your finish. Can't wait to see your new SAL updates!

/hugs,
Nikki

Mangogirl said...

Beautiful stitching

Любава said...

What a great embroidery. It's beautiful.